Controversy for its own sake is not the goal here at MHProNews. There is a strong need to respect the rights for freedom of religion and free speech for all. At the same time, freedom should not be cover for extremism and violence. Tonight’s market report will be a bit different, as you will see. On a day when trade talk (again) impact on the markets was a dominating topic, and there were more MH losers than gainers, we thought we’d shake it up on the start of Ramadan with this special report.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Dow makes major recovery, rebounding from 471-point plunge
- Analysis: If the US and China can’t agree on trade, the Fed may need to cut rates after all
- LIVE UPDATES Dow falls 66 points, recovering from morning plunge
- The US-China trade war: How we got here and why it matters
- Retailers warn Trump: They say tariffs will boost prices, hurt jobs
- Trump takes investors by surprise: Tariff Man blindsides Wall Street
- Trade talks: China is still planning to attend despite Trump’s tariff threat
- Going public: Uber picked one hell of a week for its Wall Street debut
- Warren Buffett says trade war would be ‘bad for the whole world’
- Kraft Heinz to restate earnings for 2016 and 2017 after employees faked numbers
- CBS News shakes up morning and evening lineups
- Elon Musk’s statements about Tesla are ‘horses**t’, David Einhorn says
- Starbucks’ Chinese rival Luckin looks to raise $586.5 million in US IPO
- Lord & Taylor may go up for sale
- What every first-time CEO should know
- Planet Fitness is moving into old Toys ‘R’ Us and Sears stores
- French telecoms company and former CEO face trial over wave of suicides
- Wendy’s is bringing back its spicy chicken nuggets. You have Chance The Rapper to thank
- Man buys Tesla with money he made with Alexa’s help
- The meatless burger revolution is just getting started
- Warren Buffett gives his take on the future of Apple
- Huawei is the only major smartphone brand still growing in China. Apple is fading fast
- Apple’s iPhone sales fall 17% from prior year
- Apple is making it easier to recycle your old iPhone
- Experts say iPad screen time is bad for kids. Here’s why I’m ignoring them
- A startup that’s never launched a rocket keeps landing big contracts
- Jeff Bezos’ rocket company launches another test of its tourism spaceship
- Elon Musk sets bold goals. But has he delivered?
- Hear some of Elon Musk’s most ambitious predictions
- What’s the next internet-like investing opportunity? Some on Wall Street say it’s spaceflight
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Trump’s tariffs: Where we are, where we might be going
- US stocks rebound after huge early session plunge
- Instagram shopping could be worth $10B to Facebook
- Hurricane season 2019: Most Americans think storms are getting worse, study says
- Golf pro Bubba Watson takes CBD to recover after tough days on the green
- Piscopo: Adam Sandler, ‘SNL’ Trump roast was fair and balanced
- Most expensive US infrastructure projects
- Kentucky Derby disqualification cost bettors millions of dollars
- Kentucky Derby’s 2-time Triple Crown trainer Bob Baffert a $287M horse racing institution
- Maximum Security owner appeals Kentucky Derby disqualification
- Most affordable cities for middle-class homebuyers
- Fuel tax hike back in focus as lawmakers talk infrastructure
- China’s 100-person trade delegation in limbo after tariff tweet storm
- Uber, Lyft drivers to strike ahead of Uber’s big IPO
- Biggest challenges facing small business owners
- Major doctor shortage predicted by 2032
- Royal baby could give royal boost to UK, even US, economy
- Billionaire Mark Cuban reveals shocking ‘side hustle’ that paid $25 an hour: ‘I’d take that job now’
- Tyson Foods expands recall to almost 12 million pounds of chicken strips
- Warren Buffett slams bitcoin as a ‘gambling device’
- EXCLUSIVE: Tim Cook ‘thrilled’ Berkshire’s Buffett owns Apple stock
- Berkshire’s Buffett calls himself a ‘card-carrying capitalist’
- Trump absolutely right to slap new tariffs on China
- Real reason Congressional Democrats trash Barr: Varney
- Trump China tariff threat comes as markets enter Twilight Zone
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
There are not enough who ponder how the largely open southern border is a security issue for not only criminal activity, but also possible terror.
At the same time, there is a rightfully a need to balance facts and fear.
So we’ve provided a series of videos this evening, that cross the left-center-right spectrum on the issue of Islam and Ramadan. As this writer grew up in a predominantly Muslim nation, I could weigh in, but would prefer to handle it today, this way. Let’s see what others have to say.
Canada PM Justin Trudeau message for #Ramadan 2019
Terrorist attack in Sri Lanka leaves more than 200 dead
Security high as small Sri Lanka church holds mass
Sri Lanka Terror Attacks: Muslims to keep Ramadan celebrations low-key
In Sri Lanka, some Muslims say, this year, they’ll keep Ramadan celebrations low-key out of respect for the victims of the Easter Sunday bombings. Many are also worried about a potential backlash after Daesh claimed responsibility
Is Islam a Religion of Peace?
Is Islam a religion of peace? Is it compatible with Western liberalism? Or does Islam need a reformation, just as Christianity had the Protestant Reformation? Somali-born author and activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali explains.
Let’s close with a snapshot of issues from our last report from Iran.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.
2) To pro-vide a News Tips and/or Commentary, click the link to the left. Please note if comments are on-or-off the record, thank you.