GM CEO Mary Barra and with the White House’s economic point man Larry Kudlow huddle following job-cuts announcement next year at a number of their automotive production plants. Investors apparently liked the sound of that, as GM and other stocks rose. But President Donald J. Trump slammed the move, saying he is “not happy about it.” More on that, which could impact various manufactured home markets involved, further below.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- GM will no longer make these 6 cars
- GM is reinventing itself, closing plants and cutting thousands of jobs
- This is how Mary Barra is transforming a century-old company
- Facebook tries to stop the next crisis
- Carlos Ghosn is out at Nissan and Mitsubishi. What will Renault do?
- The emperor dethroned: Carlos Ghosn’s stunning fall from the top of the auto industry
- Gap’s plan to save itself: Shrink
- The best way to cut your stock market losses
- Why Amazon’s HQ2 might be better for New York than for Virginia
- How Amazon is preparing Alexa for the holidays
- Taco Bell luring Londoners with beer
- PwC Chairman: CEOs have a responsibility to help make America inclusive
- Inside China’s Silicon Valley: From copycats to innovation
- Shopping content by CNN Underscored
- Your A-Z guide to the best Black Friday sales happening right now
- Elon Musk says Tesla was weeks from death
- Campbell Soup reaches agreement in proxy fight
- What’s at stake on Cyber Monday
- Why Wall Street is worried about the holidays
- Amazon offers free shipping on all orders for the holidays
- Going shopping today? Watch out for these scams
- It’s a do-or-die Christmas for Sears and Kmart
- MORE PROBLEMS FOR FACEBOOK
- UK Parliament obtains sealed Facebook documents
- Facebook won’t send CEO to face questioning in London
- Mark Zuckerberg stands his ground during year of crises
- Sheryl Sandberg isn’t going anywhere, Facebook CEO says
- Zuckerberg: I’m not stepping down as Facebook chair
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- GM slashing 15% of N. American salaried workers, discontinuing several vehicle models
- GM, retailers give US stocks broad rally
- GM CEO Barra, Larry Kudlow to meet after layoffs announcement
- Trump ‘not happy’ with GM after salaried job cuts
- Venezuela hangs on to Citgo after big debt payment
- Cyber Monday tracking for biggest online shopping day in US history
- MLB withdraws donation to Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith before Miss. runoff vote
- Money lessons you can learn from frugal celebrities
- How artificial intelligence is already dominating our lives
- From Tesla to SpaceX: Elon Musk’s business empire
- Amazon HQ2 in Virginia won’t cause affordable housing crisis, official says
- Holiday gift ideas: Stuff stockings with stocks so kids learn key lesson
- Lots more nausea
- A tale of two email mistakes: Kennedy
- ’12 Days Of Christmas’ prices to rise this year
- ‘Started from scratch’: The evolution of Adirondack Creamery
- Protein bar makers turn $10,000 into $600M after selling company to food giant
- New York City real estate powerhouse led by a mother-daughter team
- Why employees should think twice about giving their boss a holiday gift
- Retirement account balances hit record high
- Home Depot creates 3,000 multimillionaires, co-founder says
- Do your kids a favor: Pick retirement savings over tuition
- Home Depot co-founder on rising number of 401(K) millionaires
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
It’s simple. Workers are among those who buy homes. A loss of workers in a firm as big as GM can have ripple effects, especially in those markets where the jobs are about to be cut.
Markets broadly moved up today, with only the VIX – volatility – dipping. But that doesn’t mean that the roller coaster ride is over. If recent indicators hold, expect more spikes and dips ahead, but it isn’t because the economy isn’t sound.
Propaganda works, but facts matter. In this take one on the 2019 outlook, we will focus on facts and evidence. There are talking heads on cable news, in print or digital mainstream news media, who for some months have ‘talked down’ the U.S. economic forecast.
Tonight, we’ll have two videos, one from CNBC and one from Fox Business, both sides of the left-right divide related on the same topic.
- GM CEO Mary Barra will meet with White House national economic advisor Larry Kudlow on Monday.
- The automaker announced Monday it will effectively halt production next year at five plants in North America.
- Kudlow has been cheering President Donald Trump’s administration for its economic policies.
Trump threatens GM over Ohio plans: ‘They better damn well open a new plant there’
- President Donald Trump tells The Wall Street Journal that he warned GM CEO Mary Barra that her company was “playing around with the wrong person.”
- Trump also says that he told Barra on Sunday night that GM should open a new plant in Ohio, saying, “They better damn well open a new plant there very quickly.”
- GM plans to cease operations at plants in Ohio, Michigan, Maryland and Ontario by next year — and to cut back production at two other plants, as well — and cut its work force by 15 percent.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.