It goes without saying to industry professionals that fuel costs, energy drilling, and oil production are all factors that impact manufactured home producers, sellers and consumers. So, moves and projections in the oil market will be our focus report for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Inside Anthony Bourdain’s globe-trotting career
- Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Kitchen Confidential’ becomes Amazon top seller
- Forget the G7. A summit happening in China is what really matters
- What is a tariff? Your trade questions, answered
- Verizon names new CEO to lead 5G push
- European banks are flirting with each other again. Here’s why
- Porsche’s first electric car will be called the Taycan
- See Porsche’s first fully electric car
- Sheryl Sandberg tells MIT grads about ‘painful’ Facebook lessons
- Famed conservative columnist says he has ‘only a few weeks left to live’
- The key to more female CEOs: More female board members
- Why it matters so much every time a woman CEO leaves
- US lawmakers examining Google’s relationship with Chinese tech firms
- Apple warns suppliers that iPhone demand is falling – report
- Facebook bug set 14 million users’ sharing settings to public
- Why did the US impose a ban on ZTE, then offer a lifeline?
- Skepticism and backlash follow US deal with China’s ZTE
- Argentina strikes $50 billion financing deal with IMF
- NTSB: Tesla driver did not have hands on wheel before fatal crash
- Kentucky Fried What? KFC will test a vegetarian alternative in UK
- American companies are paying the price for Trump’s Iran policy
- GE wants to be a traffic cop for drones
- Twitter’s stunning turnaround
- Tariffs aren’t the biggest problem for American exporters
- 36% of colleges are hiding the cost to students
- 76ers president Bryan Colangelo resigns over social media scandal
- Real estate billionaire Sam Zell makes lewd comment about hiring women
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Top four issues for Trump at G-7 summit
- Dow extends win streak as stocks shrug off trade jitters
- Huge Alaskan oil well found by small energy firm
- Massive salmonella outbreak linked to backyard chicken flocks
- Will the pope, oil execs and asset managers solve climate change?
- McDonald’s US turnaround plan may include layoffs
- Why is IHOP changing its name?
- Kia is recalling half a million cars
- Anthony Bourdain’s books skyrocket on Amazon after death
- Homes are flying off the market in these US cities
- Need some extra cash? Here are 10 high-paying side hustles
- Business of the Triple Crown: Justify to earn millions for owners
- US vs. China – America reclaims “world’s fastest” supercomputer title
- Americans’ net worth tops $100 trillion for first time. Here’s why.
- After Starbucks arrests, Philly police overhaul business trespass policy
- Kids cited for unlicensed lemonade stands get major corporate support
- 11-year old survivor meets Trump, helps pass bill for childhood cancer
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Manufactured homes are transported – so it is obvious that fuel prices matter to the industry.
Energy drilling is often a cause for demand of modular and manufactured housing, so that too is a reason to consider the oil outlook.
This evening’s summary is from CNBC.
Some bullets, quotes and a video.
- Oil prices are heading for a downturn later this year and will sink even lower in 2019 as the fundamentals of supply and demand weaken, J.P. Morgan forecasts.
- Crude futures could have one last “hurrah” if OPEC eases its production caps, but the rally would likely be short-lived, the bank says.
- Growth in oil consumption looks weaker than anticipated due to softer-than-expected economic growth in Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
- Oil prices are heading for a downturn later this year and will sink even lower in 2019 as the fundamentals of supply and demand weaken, J.P. Morgan forecast in a research note on Friday.
- “While geopolitical tensions and lingering risks of large supply disruptions remain an upside risk throughout 2H18, we think that prices will be corrected downwards towards end of the year and remain capped in 2019,” J.P. Morgan analyst Abhishek Deshpande wrote in the note.
- Despite oil prices recently rising to 3½-year highs, the investment bank left its forecast for international benchmark Brent crude unchanged at $69.30 a barrel. On Friday, Brent was trading at just under $77 a barrel, off its recent high of $80.50.
- J.P. Morgan now sees U.S. West Texas Intermediate crude averaging $62.20 a barrel, down $3 from its last estimate. WTI was trading at nearly $66 a barrel Friday, after nearly touching $73 a barrel two weeks ago.
- The bank knocked down its 2019 Brent forecast by $1, to $63 a barrel. It lowered its outlook for WTI slightly to $58.25 a barrel.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.