New HUD Code manufactured home factories are gaining traction, as manufactured and modular housing shipments have been recovering. Skyline-Champion’s (SKY) soon-to-open production center in Leesville, LA is our focus for this evening’s market focus. Scroll down beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value to see that report.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Stocks sink deeper into the red as investors worry about growth
- ANALYSIS Big Tech is way too big
- Corporate America gives out a record $1 trillion in stock buybacks
- Netflix hires former ABC Entertainment head as VP of original content
- Malaysia files charges against Goldman Sachs over 1MDB scandal
- Why China still needs Silicon Valley
- Asos stock plunges 40% after warning of weak sales
- California abandons plan to tax text messages
- This is why presidents shouldn’t mess with the Fed
- Lincoln Continental brings back ‘suicide doors’
- Google’s $1B NYC investment shows it’s looking past Silicon Valley for growth
- Cracks appear in the world’s biggest autos alliance
- The real problem with the American auto industry
- Colin Kroll, co-founder of HQ Trivia and Vine, found dead
- Growth fears send the Russell 2000 into a bear market
- How the Russians used social media to recruit unwitting Americans
- 20181212 google timeline share image
- Google’s incredible growth: A timeline
- Apple is spending $1 billion on Austin campus
- New York is the hot spot for Big Tech
- Amazon HQ2 sites are decided. Now the real work begins
- Inside China’s Silicon Valley: From copycats to innovation
- Europe won’t give up on new tech taxes
- How toxic ideas about masculinity corrode the workplace
- The hidden costs of commuting while female
- What it’s like to be labeled the wrong gender at work
- GM’s Mary Barra learned early on: Stop saying sorry
- #MeToo identified a disease that infects business. We still have a long way to go
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Dow, S&P 500, Nasdaq in the red for 2018
- Trump’s economy proving top economists wrong: Steve Moore
- ObamaCare unconstitutional? What to know
- Billionaire Richard Branson says 9-to-5 workdays will disappear
- Amazon looks to weed out cheap products
- Amazon Prime offers early ‘Aquaman’ screenings for subscribers
- Recession probability high for 2019
- IRS worker headcount dwindling: What it means for you
- Bankrupt Sears giving execs millions in bonus pay
- SALT deductions shouldn’t exist, Art Laffer says
- Prosecco surpasses champagne as No. 1 bubbly
- Americans’ biggest money worry for 2019 is savings
- These cities have the most six-figure job openings
- Buying a winter home? Here are the hottest markets
- Google to spend $1B on new campus in New York
- HQ Trivia co-founder, Colin Kroll, found dead
- Booming US economy leading to ‘ghosting’ by employees
- Johnson & Johnson reportedly knew about asbestos in baby powder
- Draymond Green, Victor Cruz and Flint Michigan’s startup community
- Bill Gates says privacy regulations on big tech ‘makes a lot of sense’
- 10 most expensive (and cheapest) cities to celebrate New Year’s Eve
- Christmas might be a little more expensive this year. Here’s why
- Holiday debt: Tips to avoid overspending
- US whiskey exports rise amid trade fight
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Curt Schilling involved in Twitter spat
- The US-China ‘trade war’ is really a conflict over technology. Huawei proves it.
- Dems impeachment desire could backfire: Kennedy
- Here’s your permission slip to become a millionaire
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
“A 127,000 square-foot Skyline Champion Corporation plant is slated to open in January 2019, with an anticipated production launch in the spring. The idle facility is being retooled and configured and will include some new innovative production techniques, including automation,” said their press release via Berkshire Hathaway owned Business Wire to the Daily Business News on MHProNews.
“It’s an honor to be the only operating manufactured housing facility in the state of Louisiana,” said Keith Anderson, Chief Executive Officer. “We are thrilled to bring our high-quality, cost-effective homes to an even wider customer base, as well as to offer the exceptionally skilled local workforce with hundreds of new jobs.”
“The facility’s location will allow us to provide better value due to reduced transportation for the future homebuyers of Louisiana, east Texas, south Arkansas and south Mississippi,” said Wade Lyall, Vice President of the Southern Region. “We are strongly committed to providing affordable housing to the residents of this great state and we look forward to building long-lasting relationships with the City of Leesville, the Louisiana Economic Development Corporation, local Retailers, and the LA Housing Commission.”
A prior, detailed, report on this topic is linked below.
SKY’s stock fell today – see the Bloomberg ticker graphic below for all the closing numbers.
It’s been yet another down-day on the Dow and other markets too. A pair of prior SKY stock related report can be accessed by clicking the linked boxes above and below.
ICYMI, for the latest on Cavco Industries’ drama, see the Related Report, by clicking the linked box below.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.