Broader markets rose today, as did many of the manufactured housing industry tracked stocks. But among the more talked-about issues by investment watchers and business sites this afternoon are the growing concerns that the partial federal shutdown will have more of an economic impact than was initially thought. That will be our market focus this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Theresa May’s Brexit deal is in tatters
- The pound is shrugging off the prime minister’s huge defeat
- A monumental defeat for Theresa May’s Brexit deal
- What the pound says about the future of Brexit
- LIVE UPDATES Stocks end higher, pushing Nasdaq to a one-month high
- Why the market is still a good bet in 2019
- Morgan Stanley thinks another market storm is coming
- Jamie Dimon says the shutdown is bad for the economy
- Women could boost the global economy, but outdated laws are holding them back
- Blue Apron hints at a profit, shares spike
- JPMorgan earnings: A master class in how market volatility can hurt banks
- Delta CEO says government shutdown is costing airline $25 million a month
- Why journalists at the nation’s largest newspaper chain are nervous
- Microsoft and Walgreens join forces to take on Amazon in health care
- Shopping Content by CNN Underscored
- These earbuds are an alternative to AirPods
- Why it’s so hard to get dressed for work
- Ford unveils its most powerful Mustang yet
- Ford and VW alliance may create cars of the future
- Toyota brings back the fast and sporty Supra
- Hyundai big winner at Detroit auto show
- Ford’s new GT500 is its most powerful car ever
- The long-awaited Toyota Supra is here
- Danone’s getting serious about low-sugar yogurt
- Taco Bell will test a vegetarian menu
- Starbucks’ new Bali store is designed for tourists
- Chipotle’s new strategy: Dieters welcome
- This coffee company thinks it can beat Starbucks in China
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- IRS recalls 60% of workers to handle tax refunds amid partial shutdown
- Stocks close up on China stimulus hopes, tech company gains
- Netflix announces biggest price hike yet
- Brexit deal soundly rejected by British lawmakers
- Personal finance: The truth about becoming an American millionaire
- Walgreens, Microsoft team up in massive health care deal
- Jamie Dimon: Next US recession won’t look like ’07
- Apple spends $150M on United Airlines annually, leaked documents show
- Amazon to start hiring at HQ2 in New York
- The financial struggles of unplanned retirement
- Trump’s Clemson fast food feast cost $3K: Report
- Sanders’ $15 minimum wage could cost US millions of jobs, critics warn
- With Trump out for Davos, here’s who will take his place
- Sears bankruptcy bids first step in ugly process
- Volkswagen to invest $800M, build electric vehicles at Tenn. plant
- Minimum wage debate: Former McDonald’s CEO on higher pay fallout
- Trump considering former Pepsi chief to head World Bank: Report
- US military members get 2019 raise
- IRS launches free tax prep software ahead of filing season
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
There are now voices, including within the Trump Administration, that believe that the partial federal shutdown will have roughly double the economic drag as was first believed.
A discussion of some of that topic is found in the Fox Business video, posted below.
At the core of this is still a battle over the border, barriers, and immigration policy.
There is no doubt short term pain for a growing number of citizens. At the same time, how is that balanced over the long-term pain experienced by millions? This debate won’t end soon, that’s obvious. Some related reports can be accessed for more insights via the linked text/image boxes below.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.