The day after a 500+ point rise on the Dow, the markets were mixed and muted. The Federal Reserve Open Markets Committee kept rates the same, but there were some interesting clues in the tea leaves that investors – including those in MHVille – need to digest. That will be this evening’s focus report.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Crude oil plunges into bear market
- New York is the hot spot for Big Tech
- Fed leaves rates unchanged, signals December hike
- Taming Elon Musk: 3 things his new boss must do
- CBD-infused beverages could hit shelves soon
- Bombardier cutting 5,000 jobs
- Wells Fargo found another 145 customers who lost homes after a glitch
- Police launch investigation after Antifa activists descend on Fox host Tucker Carlson’s home
- Reporters condemn White House decision to bar Acosta
- Toshiba to cut 7,000 jobs and refocus its business
- How Harry Potter inspired Foursquare’s Dennis Crowley
- Mountain climbing in a Rolls-Royce SUV
- Off-roading in the world’s most expensive SUV
- E-Commerce Guide by CNN Underscore
- Amazon’s Pre-Black Friday Sale starts now
- A last minute election surprise
- An obscure website claimed Russia used social media to interfere in the midterms
- Facebook takes down fake accounts over Russian troll farm concerns
- A false viral election video and Twitter’s trouble with the truth
- Facebook pulls Trump campaign’s racist anti-immigration ad
- Big Tech and the midterms: The scary thing is what we still don’t know
- Elon Musk has a new boss
- Meet the new, profitable, Tesla
- Does Tesla’s Model 3 Performance earn its pricetag?
- Tesla was fined $20 million for Elon Musk’s tweets. Musk’s got it covered
- Elon Musk stepping down as Tesla chairman
- CAR COMPANIES TURN TO … SCOOTERS?
- Ford takes a bet on scooters
- GM is getting into the e-bike business
- The age of scooter sharing is upon us
- Segway was supposed to change the world. Two decades later, it just might
- The rise and fall and rise again of Segway
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Stocks mixed after Fed leaves rates unchanged
- Fed holds rates steady, December hike on tap
- Weekly US jobless claims fall
- Disney posts strong profits with Fox deal now in focus
- Want to join the world’s one percent? Here’s how much you need
- Maine’s outgoing governor moving to Florida over taxes
- ‘Harry Potter’ author JK Rowling sues assistant for shopping spree
- Americans don’t want higher taxes, midterm elections show
- Google to expand New York City presence: What we know
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fractures 3 ribs in fall
- Harley-Davidson gives first look at new electric motorcycle
- These states will pay higher taxes on items after midterm elections
- Homeless tax passes in San Francisco with help from Salesforce founder
- MLB star Bryce Harper rejects $300M offer from Nationals: Reports
- Ford bets big on electric scooters
- Robyn Denholm replaces Musk as Tesla board chair
- Walmart will offer Black Friday deals earlier this year
- Oil nears bear market territory amid oversupply concerns
- Airbus, Audi execs join high-speed air taxi startup
- Why Amazon is eyeing DC suburb as partial new HQ2 location
- Wells Fargo admits more than 500 customers lost their homes due to ‘calculation error’
- These are the most livable mid-sized American cities
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The bullets below are from CNBC, but will be followed by a screen capture of FED notes, and some MHProNews commentary.
- The Federal Open Market Committee, as expected, unanimously approved keeping the federal funds rate in a range of 2 percent to 2.25 percent.
- There was no mention of the volatility that has gripped financial markets since mid-October in the central bank’s statement.
- The committee noted in the statement that the unemployment rate “has declined” since the September meeting.
- The statement noted that the “growth of business fixed investment has moderated from its rapid pace earlier in the year.”
Perhaps the biggest point that merits tea-leaves-readers is this. The FED says that investments in the U.S. has slowed. That’s another data-point that MHProNews noted pre-midterms, namely, that the certainty that the markets crave has been put at risk by the split in the Congress.
TrumpOnomics has been working, as was widely admitted on the eve of the midterms. But the #resistance has potentially put that at risk. Stay tuned.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.