Call it a victory lap, joy, or exuberance. Manufacturers who were struggling just a few years ago, are now roaring. Data points and the president’s talk today about it all are our featured report this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- FTC to keep Uber on short leash over hacks
- The middle class is growing again — but slowly
- Dow climbs almost 300 points as trade concerns ease again
- H-1B visa applications are down again
- Virtual reality and a shoe shine: Nordstrom makes a big bet with new store
- Tesla clashes with Feds over autopilot crash investigation
- With first witness, AT&T aims to undermine DOJ’s case against Time Warner bid
- Congress grilled Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg for nearly 10 hours. What’s next?
- Mark Zuckerberg made $3 billion while he sat for Congress’ questions
- Volkswagen names new CEO in sudden shift
- Baron Davis opens up about racism under Donald Sterling
- Bitcoin surges 10% in an hour ahead of tax day
- Bed Bath & Beyond tanks on gloomy outlook
- Former doorman involved in story of alleged Trump affair speaks
- How the National Enquirer is promoting the Trump presidency
- ‘Alexa, play my kid a podcast.’ Parents look for screen-time alternatives
- Giving new moms paid leave is essential. But so is helping them return to work
- Should I take out a loan to pay my debts?
- Regulators push to shrink big banks’ rainy-day fund by $121 billion
- Experts warn Europe: Don’t grant robots rights
- New Zealand may have just killed its oil industry
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Trump says tax cuts allow workers to pocket more
- Dow rallies as Trump reconsiders Pacific pact
- Crude oil prices off prior session’s highs
- Tesla, NTSB clash over fatal car crash probe
- Ryan mulls Wall Street paycheck when House term ends
- Best and worst retirement cities in terms of cost
- Illinois town pension problems lead to massive layoffs
- California DMV allows illegals to vote: GOP chairman
- Toys ‘R’ Us store lease auctions leave vacancies
- Linda McMahon: Small businesses remain optimistic after tax overhaul
- Boehner, Weld-backed pot company IPO bound
- Volkswagen ousts CEO in management shakeup
- Trump tax cut work bonuses slammed by Sen. Corey Booker
- Hedge fund titan owes massive $1 billion tax bill, report says
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 ^SPC 2,663.99 +21.80(+0.83%)
Dow ^DJI 24,483.05 +293.60(+1.21%)
Nasdaq ^IXIC 7,140.25 +71.22(+1.01%)
Russell 2000 ^RUT 1,557.33 +10.52(+0.68%)
Crude Oil CL=F 67.16 +0.34(+0.51%)
Gold GC=F 1,337.50 -22.50(-1.65%)
Silver SI=F 16.44 -0.32(-1.93%)
EUR/USD EURUSD=X 1.2326 -0.0042(-0.34%)
10-Yr Bond ^TNX 2.83 +0.04(+1.58%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
There is the monthly production report provided by the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR).
MHI produces a partial (incomplete) modular report quarterly, and their own monthly report.
So there are a variety of reports that you simply don’t find in manufactured housing. So, its necessary to turn to other sources for data points. We look to associations such as the National Federation for Independent Business (NFIB), National Association of Realtors, or tonight to the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) for insights not found in manufactured housing.
It should be noted that the NAM data points jibe with the anecdotal reports heard from HUD Code manufactured home producers.
From right-of-center Fox Business.
“Married couples won’t pay a dime of income tax on their first $24,000 of income,” President Donald J. Trump said. “A typical family of four earning $75,000 a year will see their tax bill slashed in half. Nobody thought they’d ever see that — have a lot more money to spend.”
The president touted the success of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, telling an audience in the White House Rose Garden that the recent reforms have allowed workers to pocket more money.
Trump’s speech came amid surging optimism among American manufacturers thanks to the after-effects of the GOP’s recently-implemented tax reform law.
Some 93% of manufacturers have a positive outlook on their company’s prospects in the U.S. economy – the second-highest level ever recorded by the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) – its most recent quarterly survey revealed.
Per NAM Media Release to MHProNews
“Empowered by tax reform and regulatory relief, manufacturers are now investing in our people through new jobs, higher wages, bonuses and growing our operations right here in the United States,” Timmons said in a statement.
The survey showed that manufacturers expected full-time employment to increase by 2.9% on average over the next year, an all-time high by the survey’s standards. Companies also said capital investments are likely to rise by 3.9% over the next 12 months, while inventories are expected to rise by 1.7%.
Among the items manufacturers are hoping to see moving forward in order to continue boosting optimism in the sector are the implementation of the $1.5 trillion infrastructure revamp, continued deregulation and increased opportunity to sell products overseas.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.