If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports’ are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Two top Equifax executives are out
- ESPN chief to staff: ‘ESPN is not a political organization’
- Facebook handed Russia-linked ads over to Mueller
- Obamacare no longer on death’s door in Virginia
- The complicated politics of Murdoch’s Sky deal
- Here’s what big companies are giving for Irma relief
- Hurricanes have caused billions in damages. Who pays?
- What the Emmys may indicate about the future of TV
- Millennials should be worried about Equifax breach
- Will Equifax be held accountable?
- Clinton rails on FB in spreading Russian propaganda
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Two top Equifax executives to retire
- The blame game is on for Equifax data hack
- Equifax Hack: What are credit card companies doing to help?
- Equifax Hack: A timeline of events
- S&P 500 tops 2,500 mark as tech and bank stocks climb
- Stocks shrug off geopolitical tensions, weak economic data
- North Korea is starting to “blink” over UN sanctions, Rebecca Grant says
- Pentagon allows transgender troops to re-enlist
- Judiciary considers subpoenas for Manafort, FBI officials
- ‘Pharma Bro’ locked up with terrorism and mob suspects
- Should Jeff Sessions resign as attorney general?
- Cash demand doubled for Fed in hurricane-hit Florida
- Obama administration used all its power to attack its opponents: Varney
- 1 Way Apple Inc. Played It Safe With the A11 Bionic Chip
- Apple’s A11 Bionic chip is a big deal, but it’s probably very small — for a good reason.
- Seattle’s temporary mayor, appointed after Ed Murray resigned amid sex abuse allegatio
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,500.23 +4.61 (+0.18%)
Dow 30 22,268.34 +64.86 (+0.29%)
Nasdaq 6,448.47 +19.38 (+0.30%)
Crude Oil 49.83 -0.06 (-0.12%)
Gold 1,323.50 -5.80 (-0.44%)
Silver 17.63 -0.16 (-0.89%)
EUR/USD 1.1942 +0.0028 (+0.23%)
10-Yr Bond 2.202 +0.005 (+0.23%)
Russell 2000 1,431.71 +6.69 (+0.47%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Seeking Alpha’s Post-Irma Report on Manufactured Home REITs with Florida Properties
Two of the largest manufactured home community operators, as Daily Business News regulars know, are the Sun Communities (SUI), and Equity Lifestyle Properties (ELS). The following bullet’s are from Seeking Alpha (SA).
Manufactured housing operators await access to assess Irma damage
“Sep. 13, 2017: Stephen Alpher, Seeking Alpha News Editor
Both Sun Communities (NYSE:SUI) and Equity Lifestyle Properties (NYSE:ELS) say most of their properties appear to have sustained minimal damage in the wake of Hurricane Irma.
But that doesn’t account for the Keys, were Sun owns five properties and Equity Lifestyle owns two. Neither company has been able to access those areas to check them out.
Time, for the moment, is on their side. The peak season for both is the winter, so as long as they can get things cleaned up ahead of that, the impact on the bottom line looks to be slight. “It was a strong summer vacation season. I don’t think the hurricane derails that,” says Baird’s Drew Babin.”
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Markets Data
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.