Manufactured housing tracked stocks closed mixed, as did the broader markets today. Retail and other headline news found further below drove some declines. Among the more interesting topics in recent days has been the managing of expectations by mainstream news sources – such as NBC News – that for much of the past 2 years has touted so-called “Russian Collusion” with the Trump campaign. Apparently, that’s not likely – as MHProNews advised readers 2 years ago, based upon the legal insights of Democratic backer and Harvard Law Professor Emeritus, Alan Dershowitz. What does that mean for investors? That and the quiet tamping down of expectations about Mueller is our featured topic for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Amazon cancels plans to build its New York headquarters after backlash
- LIVE UPDATES Citi still plans to move most of its employees out of Long Island City
- View from Virginia It’s business as usual in Arlington, VA
- Read Amazon’s full statement ‘We’ve decided not to move forward’
- AOC speaks Ocasio-Cortez: ‘Amazon’s corporate greed’ defeated
- De Blasio speaks NYC mayor says Amazon ‘threw away’ opportunity
- Big questions Will Amazon still hire 25,000 more workers?
- Timeline Amazon’s extraordinary evolution
- Perspectives What Amazon HQ2 says about American inequality
- Analysis Amazon hoped to win over its ‘future neighbors.’ It failed
- Markets partially recover from retail scare, but Coke still suffers worst day in a decade
- Dating app reveals data breach on Valentine’s Day
- Airbus is giving up on the A380
- ANALYSIS The era of big passenger jets is over
- Coca-Cola issues disappointing 2019 forecast
- Americans are throwing out more garbage. That’s making waste collectors very happy
- Trade fights are pushing the global economy ever closer to the edge
- Wall Street wants an infrastructure plan, but the Green New Deal isn’t it
- JPMorgan is creating its own cryptocurrency
- NBA and Sky accuse Saudi Arabia of harboring media pirates
- Why flowers get so expensive on Valentine’s Day
- GM’s new e-bike is called Arīv
- Pittsburgh newspaper union wants publisher barred from newsroom over ‘violent’ incident
- Refinance rates took a sharp decline. Do you qualify?
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Can Trump declare a national emergency to build the border wall?
- US stocks mixed on earnings, weak retail sales
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez applauds Amazon’s NYC exit
- Amazon paid no federal taxes for the second year in a row
- Amazon doesn’t plan to reopen HQ2 search after backing out of NYC
- Amazon pulls out of NYC headquarters deal after mounting opposition
- The e-commerce giant had planned to build its new campus in Long Island City, a neighborhood in Queens.
- Amazon scooped up government debt in 2018
- Marco Rubio: Corporate share buyback crackdown bill coming ‘soon’
- Lexus, Porsche top most dependable vehicles list: JD Power
- Amazon dumps NYC, local lawmakers lose golden goose
- Amazon HQ2: Majority of New Yorkers wanted it, despite protests
- Amazon NYC headquarters announcement disappointing: Robert Wolf
- World’s most expensive island oasis – with private beaches, nightclubs and resorts – is for sale
- Amazon’s amateurish NYC debacle: Why everything fell apart
- Michael Bloomberg to spend $500M on anti-Trump campaign: Report
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
CNN and others are saying that investigations of the Trump campaign and the president himself will go on, but NBC is now saying that “Millions of Americans may be sorely disappointed,” who have “been waiting for Robert Mueller to give them the final word on whether the Trump campaign conspired with the 2016 Russian election interference effort — and whether their president is under the influence of a foreign adversary.”
NBC and others drone on with the technical reasons why the public may or may not hear all of the dirt, or the lack thereof. But that begs the question. Didn’t they know that those same restrictions existed on the special counsel’s report 2 years ago? Why were so many in media – many of whom were giddy with the prospects of removing a duly elected president via the Mueller Mechanism – negligent in saying these same things 2 years ago?
Here’s an example of the walk-back.
“Expectations that we will see a comprehensive report from the special counsel are high. But the written regulations that govern the special counsel’s reporting requirements should arguably dampen those expectations,” said Chuck Rosenberg, a former federal prosecutor and NBC News analyst.
Translation? There is no evidence that the president of his campaign actually colluded with the Russians. Whatever the Russians attempted, it didn’t actively involve the Trump campaign, per several sources.
Recall that Project Veritas said in 2017 that a CNN producer said on hidden camera that the Russia collusion story was a big “nothing burger.” MHProNews brought you that report, and others that logically laid out the reasons why the odds were miniscule that anything campaign connected was going to arise.
Adam Schiff and other Democratic leaders have made it clear that they will do their own investigations, regardless of whatever the Mueller probe decides. So, don’t expect this to end any time soon. It may take a GOP recapture of the House to stop politically motivated investigations.
MHProNews reported earlier this week that trust in media has sunk to new lows. President Trump’s approval was rising to a new high.
Once the news becomes official that this was – as the President Donald J. Trump has often said – “a witch hunt” – a possible outcome is that investors will feel more confidence in the Trump Administration. That could be good for stocks, since investors like maximum certainty.
See Related Reports for more.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.