As the United States begins to flex more economic muscle, there are increasing signs in markets from China, Europe to now Turkey that are reflecting weaknesses in markets overseas. Today, Turkey grabbed the headlines, and some experts share their take. It’s a troubling reminder why manufactured housing is a much safer bet, which will be our evening spotlight focus.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Currency meltdown in Turkey threatens Europe
- ‘Women are devalued and demeaned’ at Nike, two ex-employees say in lawsuit
- Amazon’s new cloud feature helps businesses avoid traffic crashes
- Twitter says InfoWars hasn’t ‘violated our rules.’ It looks like that’s not the case
- Uber competitor Via expands worldwide
- Boeing, America’s biggest exporter, weighs in on tariffs
- A rare tour of Boeing’s gigantic jet factory
- What it takes to make the Boeing Dreamliner
- Ryanair cancels 400 flights as pilots strike in 5 countries
- Samsung is late to the smart speaker game. Here’s how it could catch up
- Watch: Samsung unveils the Galaxy Note 9
- Facebook bars users from sharing blueprints for 3D-printed guns
- Roku stock hits record high amid massive user growth
- 5 signs you were meant to work for yourself
- You don’t have to be a billionaire to invest in startups
- White anxiety finds a home at Fox News
- Amid reports of sale, Chicago Tribune owner Tronc stays mum
- IAC, the internet giant that owns Angie’s List, is on fire
- Japan dodges a recession, but it’s not in the clear yet
- Protests erupt as thousands in China lose life savings
- Samsung’s Galaxy Note 9: All-day battery life and Fortnite
- Tribune calls off $3.9 billion Sinclair media deal
- Ikea opened its first store in India. Take a look
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Economic turmoil in Turkey roils bank stocks
- Stocks slide as investors turn attention to Turkish turmoil
- Investor says Trump is worsening an economic bubble
- Consumer prices edge up in July
- Oil steady as Iran sanctions balance impact of trade war
- Can Twinkies still thrive after Walmart’s squeeze?
- Trump claims NFL players get ‘most’ of league’s revenue: Fact check
- ‘Nobody seems to notice’: Is the housing market in a recession?
- Microsoft Excel world champion is just 15-years-old
- Stolen Tesla? Why there’s a good chance you’ll get it back[overlay type]
- Stolen Tesla? Why there’s a good chance you’ll get it back
- States where $300K can buy you the biggest home
- Papa John’s offers franchises financial relief amid sales slump: report
- The NFL has failed to fix its anthem problem: Varney
- Chris Collins and other high-profile insider trading cases
- Airlines boost salaries to solve critical pilot shortage
- Elon Musk taunts Tesla short seller David Einhorn, sends shorts
- New York ride-sharing cap leads to higher prices, longer wait times: Lyft
- Millennials ‘destroying’ core beer brands: ‘Bar Rescue’ host Jon Taffer
- Ex-Formula One racer designs motorcycle powered by aircraft engine
- NY Senate candidate will push to make rent tax deductible if wins
- Every time we cut the capital gains tax it’s a tremendous advantage: Norquist
- Trump administration tax on capital gains tax
- Small business owners favor more China tariffs: Survey
- New York state shuts down child’s lemonade stand
- College students up to ears in debt: Here’s how to manage and understand loans
- World’s largest yard sale nearly 700 miles long
- Car shoppers finding fewer 0% finance deals
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
We’ll let the talking heads explain their thinking on the Turkish Tank today, noting that new punitive U.S. economic moves – aimed to get an imprisoned Christian minister, jailed in Turkey – freed have sparked a nosedive.
Far more stable are the markets in manufactured housing.
A one-year snapshot of virtually any stock tracked below will reveal how safe a bet the manufactured home sector is for investors. That’s all that need be said this evening, going into the weekend.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.