The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall market stocks. By spotlighting the headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – this report also helps readers see what are the trends and topics that may be moving the investors that move the markets.
Readers say this is also quick review tool that saves researchers time in getting a view of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly traded stocks.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected bullets from CNN Money:
- America’s banks are really, really healthy
- Senate finally unveils secret health care bill
- ‘Serious questions’ raised about Kushner family conflicts
- Why are White House briefings heard but not seen?
- 5 questions to ask before combining finances (or not)
- John Oliver sued by coal CEO
- Zuckerberg: Why I’ve changed Facebook’s mission Trending
- Shareholders: EpiPen maker’s $98M payout is too much
- Bank dividends are near all-time highs
- Airbnb to call out ‘premium’ listings
- It’s official. Business isn’t investing in Britain
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Medicaid in cross hairs as Senate releases new health care draft
- Senate health care bill repeals ObamaCare taxes, preserves pre-existing conditions coverage
- Wall St. ends flat but healthcare stocks rally
- Oil bounces off 10-month lows; crude glut still weighs
- Sen. Rand Paul says he and three other GOP senators oppose health bill as written, putting passage in jeopardy
- Big banks pass first round of Fed’s annual stress tests
- This sniper rifle took out ISIS fighter with 2-mile kill shot
- Paul Ryan may do an about face on the border adjustment tax amid GOP infighting
- Nancy Pelosi not the real problem for Democrats: Carly Fiorina
- Amazon charges $2.8M for NFL streaming ad packages: report
- House presented with bill calling for sweeping FAA reform
- Boeing’s 737 MAX 10 a big hit at Paris Air Show
- Raiders QB Derek Carr lands NFL’s richest contract ever
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
9 key market indicators, ‘at the closing bell…’
S&P 500 2,434.50 -1.11 (-0.05%)
Dow 30 21,397.29 -12.74 (-0.06%)
Nasdaq 6,236.69 +2.73 (+0.04%)
Crude Oil 42.72 +0.19 (+0.45%)
Gold 1,251.00 +5.20 (+0.42%)
Silver 16.54 +0.17 (+1.01%)
EUR/USD 1.1151 -0.0016 (-0.14%)
10-Yr Bond 2.153 -0.002 (-0.09%)
Russell 2000 1,404.54 +5.28 (+0.38%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value 6.22.2017
Manufactured Housing Connected Stocks
Today’s Big Movers
Tricon, LCI lead the leaders. NOB, SKY lead the bleeders. See below for all the ‘scores and highlights.’
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report – LPX
LPX supplies manufactured housing producers, as well as others in the building trades.
The Market Daily says that, “Alliancebernstein L.P. boosted its stake in Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (NYSE:LPX) by 34.5% during the first quarter, according to its most recent 13F filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
The institutional investor owned 342,607 shares of the construction company’s stock after buying an additional 87,940 shares during the period.
Alliancebernstein L.P. owned about 0.24% of Louisiana-Pacific Corporation worth $8,504,000 at the end of the most recent reporting period.”
Other institutional investor moves included.
“Fortaleza Asset Management Inc. raised its position in Louisiana-Pacific Corporation by 8.2% in the fourth quarter. Fortaleza Asset Management Inc. now owns 6,890 shares of the construction company’s stock valued at $130,000 after buying an additional 520 shares in the last quarter.
Elkfork Partners LLC purchased a new position in Louisiana-Pacific Corporation during the fourth quarter valued at about $180,000.
Acrospire Investment Management LLC raised its position in Louisiana-Pacific Corporation by 0.8% in the first quarter. Acrospire Investment Management LLC now owns 7,741 shares of the construction company’s stock valued at $192,000 after buying an additional 60 shares in the last quarter.
Breton Hill Capital Ltd. purchased a new position in Louisiana-Pacific Corporation during the first quarter valued at about $221,000.
Finally, World Asset Management Inc purchased a new position in Louisiana-Pacific Corporation during the first quarter valued at about $222,000. 93.56% of the stock is currently owned by institutional investors and hedge funds.”
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII)
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers. LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing, while AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Providing you only with the very best industry coverage, every business day.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ##
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.