Charles Schwab Corp. founder Charles Schwab speaks out on tax and regulatory reforms, pending Dodd-Frank legislation and how that is and is expected to move the markets. That will be tonight’s spotlight report.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Robot predicts Boston will win Amazon HQ2
- SXSW embraces today’s tough topics
- A history of how the Toys ‘R’ Us jingle came to be
- Was Trump right to block Broadcom-Qualcomm deal? It depends who you ask
- Moms still earn less than childless women — and the gap isn’t closing
- Vice Media’s Shane Smith out as CEO, being replaced by Nancy Dubuc
- HBO exec apologizes for ‘poor choice of words’
- Trump loses two free trade advocates in one week
- Dick’s knew it would lose customers after dropping assault-style rifles
- Jamie Dimon warns Trump tariffs may ‘backfire’
- Why Mattel is working so hard to keep Barbie relevant
- Why the US killed Broadcom’s giant bid for Qualcomm
- What Larry Kudlow thinks about trade, taxes and recessions
- Fitbit unveils Apple Watch competitor and fitness tracker for kids
- US monthly deficit largest in 6 years
- National Geographic magazine owns up to ‘racist’ past
- iPhone battery troubles? 3 easy fixes
- Apple’s TV strategy explained
- GE’s top executives won’t get bonuses after company’s awful year
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Stocks close lower as Tillerson’s departure adds to investor concern
- Secretary of State Rex Tillerson out; CIA Director Pompeo to assume role
- Rex Tillerson’s departure a ‘disappointment’: Charles Schwab
- Gina Haspel: 3 things to know about Trump’s new CIA director
- Trump, Pompeo share ‘good personal chemistry’: Anthony Scaramucci
- Trump taps Pompeo as Tillerson’s replacement: Iran sanctions to follow?
- Will cryptocurrencies rob investors out of hundreds of billions?
- JPMorgan slashes GE share price outlook more than 20%
- GM will test an Airbnb-like service for cars: report
- Idaho faces off with federal government over ObamaCare restrictions
- Trump’s tax bill ‘unleashing unbelievable’ power in economy: Charles Schwab
- Trump visits border wall prototypes: What you need to know
- Kudlow, top Trump pick for Cohn job, on tariffs: ‘A crisis of logic’
- Discovery CEO David Zaslav’s $14.6B Scripps deal paves way to globalize content
- NFL’s Kirk Cousins to sign rare fully guaranteed contract worth $84M: reports
- Elon Musk on Mars flights: ‘Good chance’ first passengers will die
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,765.31 -17.71(-0.64%)
Dow 30 25,007.03 -171.58(-0.68%)
Nasdaq 7,511.01 -77.31(-1.02%)
Russell 2000 1,592.05 -9.00(-0.56%)
Crude Oil 60.85 -0.51(-0.83%)
Gold 1,326.80 +6.00(+0.45%)
Silver 16.59 +0.06(+0.36%)
EUR/USD 1.2392 +0.0059(+0.48%)
10-Yr Bond 2.85 -0.02(-0.77%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
“This tax bill is unleashing [an] unbelievable amount of power in the economy [and] power in our individual entrepreneurs,” Charles Schwab Corp. founder and Chairman Charles Schwab told FOX Business’ Maria Bartiromo today. “I think we just have to put on our hat and be ready to fly away here. This is going to be an incredible period the next two or three years.”
Charles Schwab is one of the hundreds of companies that passed on tax cut savings to employees with a $1,000 bonus. He is also pointing to expansion they will be doing this year, tied to tax and regulatory relief.
American workers have already seen an 8% boost this year, Schwab said, as he does the math with Bartiromo. He expects more people to return to the workforce.
On the corporate side, Schwab stated that company profits are “substantially higher than last year” and predicted upwards of 4% economic growth next year.
“We have all this new influx of money in the private sector … Just hang onto your hat,” he said.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.