It is day 6 of the Dow’s rally, with the best one week finish in years. Part of that is due to the news that only Russians were among those indicted today by the special prosecutor.
And a Goldman exec made an interesting comparison between POTUS Trump and then-candidate Hillary Clinton’s policies.. Those will be our features for tonight’s spotlight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Trump administration recommends steep tariffs on steel and aluminum
- Dave Cullen: The media needs cut back on coverage of mass shootings
- Tariff winners and losers: U.S. Steel spikes, Ford retreats
- How the National Enquirer protected Trump
- Some people already get food in a box from the government
- The NBA is not afraid to lead on social justice
- Campbell Soup has a soup problem
- FCC head probed over polices benefiting conservative broadcaster
- Citigroup CEO scores a 48% raise to $23 million
- Why the NBA didn’t televise the All-Star draft
- Tax cut scoreboard: Workers $6 billion; Shareholders $171 billion
- 3 serious problems with the 4% retirement rule
- Thieves use ‘secure’ banking network to steal millions
- Volkswagen is off to its best start … ever
- Inflation is back. Don’t panic
- A Chinese takeover of the Chicago Stock Exchange just got blocked
- NY Post cover on Florida school shooting: ‘Mr. President, please act’
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Steve Wynn won’t get $330M severance package
- Dow posts biggest weekly rally since 2016
- 3 stocks that posted big gains during volatile markets
- US seeks to block AT&T from citing Trump statements in arguments
- Coke sales fall as company shifts gears, sheds bottling biz
- Amazon’s HQ2 location will be in one of these two cities
- Amazon’s HQ2 location will be in one of these two cities
- Scott Galloway, “The Four” author, says the e-commerce giant will choose either Washington or New York.
- Steel smackdown: Trump should slap 24% tariff on steel imports
- Trump is warned against Venezuela oil ban; Maduro calls it illegal
- FedEx data breach: 119,000 passports or photo IDs found on unsecured server
- Florida shooting: Bulletproof backpack sales spike
- School shootings a top priority for law enforcement: AG Jeff Sessions
- Goldman CEO: Economy stronger under Trump than if Clinton won
- NASCAR taps into e-sports to recruit young fans, drivers
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,732.22 +1.02(+0.04%)
Dow 30 25,219.38 +19.01(+0.08%)
Nasdaq 7,239.47 -16.96(-0.23%)
Russell 2000 1,543.55 +6.35(+0.41%)
Crude Oil 61.61 +0.27(+0.44%)
Gold 1,349.40 -5.90(-0.44%)
Silver 16.60 -0.20(-1.17%)
EUR/USD 1.2411 -0.009(-0.72%)
10-Yr Bond 2.877 -0.014(-0.48%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The indictments of Russian nationals ought to bring much of this investigation, as far as President Trump and his team are concerned, to a conclusion. Odds are, it won’t.
But what we know now is that ‘no American’s were wittingly involved,’ and that includes the Trump campign team.
But other revelations are coming ouf of today’s market-moving news.
It would be too easy to say that Moscow alone caused anti-Trump rallies post-election, as George Soros backed groups have been directly tied to those activities as well.
Another note of interest is that the CEO of Goldman Sachs, a pro-Clinton supporter, now says that the economy is doing better under POTUS Trump’s vision that it would have under Hillary’s. As Fox Business reported, “CEO Lloyd Blankfein, a staunch Hillary Clinton supporter, stated that the economy is better off under President Donald Trump.”
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
Profitable Insight$ – POTU$ Trump Effect on MH Stock$ at 1 Year, Part 4
Suppliers LPX, Patrick, Manufactured Home Builders Nobility, Skyline Homes – the Trump Effect on MH Stocks, Markets Part 3
Trump Effect – 1 Year Election Impact on Manufactured Housing Connected Stocks, Part 2
Just the Facts – Trump Effect on Manufactured Home Connected Stocks, Part 1
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.