The Dow pushed over 26,000 today, with several contributing factors. No doubt, one of them was the news that the House passed out of committee a bill that Speaker Paul Ryan says they plan to vote on before the end of this month. Tax Cut 2.0 will be our focus for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos commit $2 billion to fight homelessness
- Read Jeff Bezos’ full statement about his Day One fund
- GE is unloading yet another business
- Uber to open engineering hub in Toronto
- Leaked Google video fuels conservative claims of political bias from tech giants
- One interest rate hike won’t stop emerging market pain
- The US economy cratered in 2008. Here’s how far it’s come
- Hershey’s buys Pirate’s Booty to double down on healthy snacks
- 10 years after the financial crisis, have we learned anything?
- Build-A-Bear CEO sorry for botched Pay Your Age event
- Young people support Nike’s bet on Kaepernick, poll shows
- Former 2008 financial crisis chiefs warn there’s no way to prevent the next panic
- JPMorgan offers 60,000 points to sign up for its new Sapphire bank account
- America is now the world’s largest oil producer
- Grocery stores aren’t dead, but they need help with real-time data
- Investors pour $4 billion into China’s latest internet IPO
- More turmoil at Tesla: Its VP of finance is leaving
- The reason Walmart’s giving Jet.com a fancy makeover
- Apple announces 3 new iPhones, a new watch, and not much else
- How Apple is like the Christian Dior of tech
- Donald Trump thinks Jamie Dimon isn’t smart enough to be president
- How The Skimm founders are inspiring Millennials to get out and vote
- ’60 Minutes’ producer Jeff Fager is leaving CBS amid allegations of misconduct
- Tim Armstrong is out as CEO of Verizon’s Oath
- A day of changes at Oath, Meredith, Medium and Slate
- Jamie Dimon says he could beat Trump in an election, then retreats
- ‘Tired of excuses’: Snap tumbles on scathing report
- These apps could save your life in a natural disaster
- This metal straw raised nearly $2 million on Kickstarter
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Hurricane Florence targets South Carolina golf industry
- How Lowe’s prepared for Hurricane Florence
- NCAA football games face cancellation, refunds due to storm
- These goods could become more expensive due to Florence
- Ross: Hurricane won’t ‘move the needle’ US economy
- IRS: Retirees are at risk of tax penalty
- GM recalls one million Chevy, GMC, Cadillac vehicles
- Where are Lehman Brothers executives 10 years after the bank’s collapse?
- Here’s what could cause the next financial crisis
- Most Americans support NFL players’ right to kneel: Poll
- WD-40 enrolls armed security to move its ‘secret formula’ after 65 years
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos launches $2B fund for homeless, low-income families
- Is middle-class income really at an all-time high?
- Canada’s Freeland won’t hold NAFTA talks, says more work needed
- Everything you need to know about the iPhone XS, XS Max
- The tech giant is doubling down on large screens with the new Xs Max.
- 5 Apple Watch apps for every business executive
- Could Apple’s new FDA-approved watch spark litigation?
- Americans are making this big financial mistake
- Trump slams Jamie Dimon over election claim
- Google executives lamenting Trump election revealed in leaked video
- Revolutionary health apps and the new Apple Watch
- Find out if you are truly in the middle class using this calculator
- Ad firm worked for Cordray’s agency, then governor campaign
- New Mexico sues mobile app makers over kid privacy concerns
- Naomi Osaka set to sign a megadeal with Adidas: Report
- Rising football star quits after suffering multiple concussions
- GM recalls newer models for brake issue
- Tesla to start truck production by 2020: Report
- Sales at jewelry store up, despite backlash from ‘take a knee’ ad
- Small business optimism at record high
- Trump calls North Carolina redistricting ruling ‘unfair’
- Impact of Trump’s executive order on retirement savings
- What Trump’s executive order on retirement security means for you
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Portions of this evenings report are from CNBC, which also provided a reasonably balanced look at what Democrats and Republicans are saying about the second round of tax cuts and reform bill, which was passed out of committee today.
The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) – which is 325,000 members strong, and which reports including hundreds of manufactured housing member-companies – supports the measure.
Among the highlights:
- The bill was passed by the House Ways and Means Committee, and now cleared for a floor vote in the House would lock in already-passed tax changes affecting individuals, including lower rates and a variety of rules affecting what taxpayers can deduct.
- A separate measure focuses on expanding the use of retirement and 529 education savings accounts, including the elimination of the 70½ age limit for contributions to individual retirement accounts.
- The legislation also creates Universal Savings Accounts, which would be similar to Roth IRAs but without restrictions on how the withdrawals could be used.
The report that follows fails to mention that under Democratic President John F. Kennedy, and GOP President Ronald Reagan, tax cuts resulted in a short term revenue dip, followed by a surge in federal tax revenues. The reason, per economic experts, is because lower taxes spur investment, which spurs growth and eventually results in more taxes.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.