At the closing bell, its been another up day on the markets. The bulk of manufactured home industry connected tracked stocks closed up. While there’s plenty of market movers we could touch upon, to mix things up, this evening we take a fascinating look at the “global war on cash” as our feature tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Netflix now has 139 million paying subscribers
- And it expects to add 9 million more in the next few months
- Netflix by the (unverified) numbers
- Fears of housing downturn may have been overblown
- The world’s central banks will have trouble fighting the next big recession
- Lampert’s winning bid for Sears swelled to $5.2 billion
- Here come the defaults: Credit outlook darkens
- There have been 21 shutdowns since 1976. This one is already hurting the economy
- Trump boxed in by right-wing media as government shutdown drags on
- Netflix’s price hike: How much is too much for consumers?
- SpaceX ditches plans to develop Mars spaceship at Los Angeles port
- Microsoft is investing $500 million to tackle Seattle housing crisis
- What the wealthy and ultra-wealthy spend their money on
- Cleaning New York’s filthy harbor with one billion oysters
- LIVE UPDATES Dow jumps 163 points as markets seesaw on trade news
- Ford to make all-electric version of its F-150 truck
- Tired CEOs are moody and distracted: Why business leaders need more sleep
- These electric cars could be the future
- VW sold over 10 million cars last year. Only 1% were electrified
- The next generation of electric cars could recharge in 15 minutes
- Michigan startup unveils a pricey electric pickup
- 2019 will be the year of the electric luxury car
- Why it’s so hard to get dressed for work
- Her clothes keep female construction workers and firefighters safe
- Bra sizing is wildly confusing. Her company seeks to change that
- The way women dress for work is changing
- The future of workwear: Comfortable, functional, and high-tech
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Stocks spike on China-US trade progress reports
- ObamaCare burning out doctors, Dr. Marc Siegel says
- Sears employees upset over Lampert’s bid win
- 10 best side hustles to pursue in 2019
- Super Bowl: Most Americans oppose political statements in commercials, poll finds
- Steny Hoyer has thrown doubt on Democrats’ unity: Varney
- New college offers students bachelor’s degree with a twist
- 3 colleges that help you handle student debt
- Americans are consuming less booze, leading retailers to shift focus
- Netflix shares fall on mixed quarterly results
- Leslie Moonves challenges CBS move to nix $120M severance package
- Consuming vitamins, supplements can be extremely dangerous, Dr. Mike warns
- Kia, Hyundai recall over 150K vehicles
- IRS waives penalty for some Americans who underpaid taxes
- CEOs says a recession is their biggest fear this year
- Sears confirms Lampert wins $5.2B bid, keeping retailer alive
- Retail Apocalypse: These big retailers closing stores, filing for bankruptcy
- Mounting student loan debt stopping young Americans from buying homes
- Gates urges donors to invest in health for global security and growth
- Elon Musk says Tesla to end customer referral program
- Vanguard founder John Bogle dead at 89
- All the ways the government shutdown is hurting the economy[overlay type]
- Small business government shutdown cheat sheet
- Lawmakers who are forgoing pay amid shutdown
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
In curating a topic, or presenting an infographic to industry professionals, the Daily Business News on MHProNews approaches each issue with some fundamental principles in mind. Among those is the notion that every source is going to have some good, bad, or meh. Thus, it is prudent to consider a source with the ancient, wise principle of separating the wheat from the chaff. No source is perfect.
Part of the premise of this following infographic bears scrutiny. Visual Capitalist and Texas Precious Metals argue that the purpose of the global war on cash is: “The elimination of cash will make it easier to track all types of transactions – including those made by criminals….2. The Enemy
Who? Criminals, terrorists.”
They may sincerely believe that, but it’s demonstrably inaccurate. There are numerous governments, and public officials, in nations around the world that are themselves involved in terrorist activities. Or that are personally profiting or benefiting from illegal drug trafficking. In the trail of drug lord El Chapo, per the New York Times, “Peña Nieto Took $100 Million Bribe, Witness at El Chapo Trial Says “Mr. Guzmán paid a bribe of $100 million to [Mexican] President Peña Nieto…”
Here in the U.S., after years of denials, the CIA released hundreds of pages of documents during the Clinton administration that admitted they had done essentially what investigative reporter Gary Webb claimed years before.
Part of the point is that the trend towards a cashless society is noteworthy, but the premise presented in this infographic is less than stellar.
That point noted, the various data points – taken at face value – are interesting.
Governments have long attempted to control their populations. That’s not a conspiracy theory, that’s a matter of history. To what degree any given government is attempting to control its own population varies according to place and time.
A tangentially related report about government, corruption, and more by investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson will be upcoming soon. Stay tuned.
Sign up for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, at the image/link below. Emailed headlines are typically twice weekly, and are read by the leaders of the largest firms in the industry, to the mom-and-pops, and all in between. Sign up free in seconds.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.