It’s no secret that FANG – Facebook, Apple, Netflix and Google – has drawn a growing amount of monopolistic concerns in the last 2 years. It’s also no secret that big tech has faced push-back from the right, which says that FANG often has shown bias for progressives, and animus for conservatives. Facebook is widely used in manufactured home marketing and messaging.
Against the backdrop of the biggest fall in market history, Facebook will be in our spotlight tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- So what’s Ford’s plan, exactly? No one knows
- Papa John sues Papa John’s
- What is Amazon’s responsibility over its facial recognition tech?
- Chipotle’s turnaround looks legit
- Exxon isn’t as mighty as it once was
- How the US economy is doing, in four charts
- Mark Zuckerberg just lost nearly $16 billion in one day
- Investors shouldn’t panic. Facebook will bounce back
- American Airlines is ending its carry-on ban for the cheap seats
- Under Armour is blowing through cash to fight Nike
- The New York Daily News laid off half its staff. Now what?
- Investors are rushing to the priciest part of the market
- Trade war: The casualties are piling up
- RadioShack is back. Kinda
- The oldest US candy company suddenly shuts its factory
- Turkey could be the next emerging market crisis
- Southwest’s fatal accident cost it $100 million
- Sky just showed why Disney and Comcast are desperate to buy it
- Disney vs. Comcast: The Sky wars aren’t over
- The 9-to-5 workday is choking women’s progress
- Can you invest responsibly and make money, too?
- Netflix’s ‘BoJack Horseman’ gets syndication deal with Comedy Cental
- These startups are trying to save local news
- One of Iran’s most iconic industries faces disaster
- Qualcomm: Apple won’t use our chips in the next iPhone
- Facebook and Twitter execs to face congressional grilling ahead of midterms
- Harley-Davidson says tariffs could cost it $55 million this year
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Amazon profit soars, doubling Wall Street’s estimate
- The e-commerce giant reported its third straight quarter of profits exceeding $1 billion.
- Nasdaq falls as Facebook results disappoint
- Exxon Mobil: Will its growth investments pay off?
- Investors hedging exposure to markets, despite ‘good’ economy: CME’s Terry Duffy
- Mark Zuckerberg loses more than $15B in less than a day
- Zuckerberg falls out of top 10 list of wealthiest Americans.
- Five states whose finances are in dire straits
- Major retailers are already hiring seasonal workers: Here’s a look
- San Francisco may ban any more free lunches for tech companies’ workers
- US-Mexico trade deal may be close to completion: Wilbur Ross
- Fiat Chrysler says it didn’t know CEO was seriously ill
- Tommy Hilfiger embeds smart chips in new fashion line
- Kudlow expects ‘very good’ GDP figure to surpass 4%
- How the new tax law creates a ‘perfect storm’ for Roth IRA conversions
- How an All-Star Dodgers pitcher went from baseball to business
- Moviegoers have an appetite for blockbusters in a ‘premium way’: IMAX CEO
- Is early retirement possible?
- Starbucks reports cooling quarterly growth and pares outlook
- Starbucks says key sales figure grew only modestly in US
- Facebook, Nielsen plunge; Supervalu, Qualcomm rise
- Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Thursday: Facebook Inc., down $41.24 to $176.26
- Amazon profit soars, doubling Wall Street’s estimate
- The e-commerce giant reported its third straight quarter of profits exceeding $1 billion
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Manufactured housing professionals are one of numerous industries that use Facebook for their marketing, media, and institutional messaging. MHProNews is no exception in that pattern.
There are several videos below that examine the Facebook fall, which has caused Mark Zuckerburg to suddenly tumble from the top ten wealthiest people in the world. We examine it using videos from both sides of the left-right media divide.
Facebook growth stalled, stock is down, something’s got to give: Varney
Buy Facebook in the dip?
Facebook, per CNBC
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.