The markets have been responding as much or more to politics and transnational fears – trade, combat, threats of nukes, etc. – in 2018 than they have to actual economic, business or consumer confidence, and related data.
After almost a year of special counsel Robert Muller’s probe of ‘Russia, Russia, Russia’ and the Trump Campaign, and about 18 months of known federal investigations that began before the election. Those have yielded – NYET – with respect to any connection betwee the president and any electoral wrongdoing. Nevertheless, the Democratic National Committee (DNC) launched a civil suit today. So, with videos from both sides of the political aisle, that will be our focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, beyond the 9 market summaries, below.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- GM Korea on verge of filing for bankruptcy
- Surging oil prices rattle President Trump
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ assembling for possible historic box office
- Why a 20% raise isn’t enough for Arizona teachers
- Quest: Starbucks is an example of crisis response done right
- From witness stand, AT&T chief details new $15-a-month streaming service
- Every Bon-Ton department store is closing
- China trash ban is a global recycling wake up call
- China refuses to recycle more of the world’s trash
- Apple sinks on fears of slowing iPhone sales
- Self-driving cars. Scooters. The future of commuting to work is here
- Can $1 billion help low-income Americans find jobs?
- Wells Fargo fined $1 billion for insurance and mortgage abuses
- SunTrust employee may have tried to steal data from 1.5 million customers
- Comey writes in memo he laughed after Trump floated the idea of jailing journalists
- Top auto boss: Global carmakers unlikely to go it alone in China
- China’s ZTE fires back over US ban: ‘We cannot accept it’
- YouTube ran ads from hundreds of brands on extremist channels
- Watch this robot put together an IKEA chair
- Takeda sweetens $60 billion Shire pitch as rival bows out
- How fruit juice got boxed out of the health craze
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Mueller team said to be amused as Giuliani pledges to end Russia probe
- Stocks close lower as Apple sell-off hits Dow
- Wells Fargo slapped with $1B fine for lending abuses
- Sorghum ships change course mid-trip after China tariffs
- Presidential tweet dents rally in crude oil prices
- Mickey Mantle rookie card fetches near-record $2.88M at auction
- Former NFL offensive lineman Evan Mathis reaps windfall.
- Southwest plane accident engine maker issuing new inspection guidelines
- As Wells Fargo fined $1B, Mulvaney says ‘I have too much authority’
- SEC advances new broker standards: What you need to know
- IMF’s Lagarde says global trade marked by lack of trust
- Criminals using Facebook to sell stolen credit cards, personal information: The Times
- Oil demand, OPEC create ‘perfect recipe’ for higher prices: Fmr. Shell Oil president
- Food stamp work requirement in bill is common sense: House Republican
- Kushner Cos. subpoenaed over rent-control paperwork
- SunTrust reports data of 1.5M customers possibly stolen by ex-worker
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,670.14 -22.99(-0.85%)
Dow 30 24,462.94 -201.95(-0.82%)
Nasdaq 7,146.13 -91.93(-1.27%)
Russell 2000 1,564.12 -9.69(-0.62%)
Crude Oil 68.26 -0.03(-0.04%)
Gold 1,337.60 -11.20(-0.83%)
Silver 17.11 -0.12(-0.72%)
EUR/USD 1.23 -0.01(-0.50%)
10-Yr Bond 2.95 +0.04(+1.27%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Before we get into what the talk-heads on each side of the left-right media divide have to say, let’s make the Daily Business News perspective simple. This DNC move can be about one or more of the following: fund-raising, energizing their base, distraction, a way to depose people (if this Democratic case isn’t squashed by a judge), and may be a tacit admission that the Mueller probe has yielded nothing to date.
Bottom line, strategy and tactics. That said, Fox Business, CNBC and Cavuto videos follow with their unique takes on what this means.
Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) on the Democratic National Committee’s lawsuit against the Russian government, WikiLeaks and the Trump campaign.
Cavuto DNC Suit
Fox News Senior Judicial Analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano on the DNC lawsuit over the 2016 presidential race and reports former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is considering suing the Trump administration for defamation.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to some industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.