The Commerce Department’s Bureau of Economic Analysis is set to release second-quarter GDP at 8:30 a.m. ET on Friday, but there are whispers from the White House that the numbers could hit the U.S. hit 4 percent in the 2nd quarter of 2018. That GDP preview and some new economic reports will be our focus this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Hasbro adjusts to life without Toys ‘R’ Us and stock soars
- What’s next for Fiat Chrysler?
- Vans sneakers are crushing it
- The Gates Foundation is now one of Berkshire’s largest shareholders
- AI is hurting people of color and the poor. Experts want to fix that
- Jamie Dimon on the trade war, infrastructure ’emergency’ and Trump
- Watch: What keeps Jamie Dimon up at night
- This is how Jamie Dimon would fix income inequality
- Papa John’s is worried that Papa John will try to take over the company
- Sergio Marchionne, auto legend, steps down as CEO of Fiat Chrysler
- Overstock is making a push into real estate
- Hipster cocktail sends Aperol sales soaring
- Tariffs and Brexit could kill this steel company
- Global immigration backlash could hurt India’s top tech companies
- Ryanair’s profit has dropped 20% and more trouble is coming
- New York Daily News to slash 50% of its newsroom
- Expectations for the Trump-Juncker meeting could hardly be lower
- G20 finance chiefs talk unity despite trade war
- Facebook’s talk about false news doesn’t line up with its actions. Here’s one example
- Stelter: Trump’s ‘hoax’ tweet means the press has even more questions to ask
- Coinbase forms political action committee
- Maggie Haberman on Trump, eighteen months in
- Press scrutinizing Trump’s Russia ties
- Trump escalates his war with the Fed
- Power outage at GE
- Samsung or Xiaomi? It’s a two-horse race for India’s smartphone market
- WhatsApp is adding new restrictions as killings continue in India
- JPMorgan’s plan to help Chicago’s poorest neighborhoods
- Randi Zuckerberg responds to her brother’s Holocaust comments
- Avis CEO says rental car biz is alive and well
- Boeing looked into the future. Here are 3 things it saw
- A New Zealand company tried a four-day work week. It was a ‘resounding success’
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Trump says US economic growth nears 5%; time to celebrate?
- The White House is preparing to take a major victory lap as the U.S. economy rebounds.
- Trump to promote US jobs, manufacturing at White House ‘Made in America’ event
- Trump’s approval rating rises after Putin summit
- Home sales are sliding – but why?
- Google earnings hit by European fine
- Facebook, Amazon and Cisco may face $10B in EU fines: Acronis CEO
- Papa John’s enacts ‘poison pill’ to stop Schnatter hostile takeover
- Fiat Chrysler, Ferrari stocks fall after CEO Marchionne’s abrupt departure
- Single mother goes from homeless to CEO of construction company
- Trump attacks Amazon again, says it uses Post Office as ‘delivery boy’
- Tax cuts 2.0: What the GOP can learn from Ohio
- Meat stockpiles hit a record high, consumers may see cheaper prices
- Papa John’s enacts ‘poison pill’ to stop Schnatter hostile takeover
- Hasbro to move more production outside China due to tariffs
- NFL will be tainted for another season: Ex-Super Bowl champion
- Here’s what to expect from Alphabet’s 2Q earnings
- Mondelez recalls Ritz cracker products over salmonella concerns
- S., Japan Yields Spike on Tighter Monetary Policy Reports
- Tech Earnings: Alphabet, Facebook, Amazon Report This Week
- Bladex (BLX) Q2 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Why I Finally Sold my Gilead Sciences Stock Position
- Shares of Hi-Crush Partners Surge on Announcement of Acquisition and Distribution Hike
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
“White House economic advisers are spreading the word that second-quarter GDP, out Friday, may surpass 4% – the first time growth has hit or exceeded that number since the third quarter of 2014, FOX Business has learned,” said Fox Business.
The White House is mum on the above. But their press room has told the Daily Business News on MHProNews about the following from U.S. Department of Labor Secretary Alex Acosta.
“We must tear down unnecessary barriers to work,” wrote Secretary Acosta Friday. “Excessive licensing forces individuals, like barbers, teachers and nurses, who move from state to state, to give up their career or retake certifications and pay high fees to get back to work.” He called on states to reevaluate their approaches.
On the heels of last week’s Pledge to America’s Workers, where more than 20 companies committed to investing in 3.8 million opportunities for our Nation’s workforce, Secretary Acosta ran through the myriad other ways the Trump Administration is expanding opportunity for all Americans:
- The President has restored a commonsense approach to regulation, which should “focus on protecting health and safety,” Secretary Acosta says.
- The Administration is helping transition Americans who are reentering society from prison to jobs, releasing $84.4 million in grants to community groups.
- A new Executive Order in May helps alleviate the burden for military spouses as their families are reassigned from one state to another.
- Thanks in part to tax cuts and reform, record unemployment lows were set for African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, and Asian-Americans.
Jamie Dimon, the CEO of JPMorgan Chase – the largest U.S. bank – recently mentioned concerns over the growing tariff and trade issue, but balanced it by saying that something certainly had to be done.
“If you do another $200 billion of tariffs and this national security thing about cars, I think that you’re getting pretty close to reversing some of the benefits you’ve seen in the economy,” Dimon said in an interview with CNNMoney.
Dimon, who also chairs the Business Roundtable – a lobby group of top U.S executives – said POTUS Trump is on solid ground criticizing serial abusers of trade practices, such as China. Still, Dimon was highly critical of the president’s broader trade agenda – and statement from his advisers – that minimize the effects of a tariff war against US trading partners in Europe and Canada.
The GDP report is expected Friday, and will be scrutinized by administration supporters and detractors. Stay tuned.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.