For those who don’t recall or missed the news some weeks ago in 2017, the day that ABC News’ Brian Ross mistakenly reported ‘news’ about the Mueller probe, his misstatement sent the U.S. stock markets tumbling.
Once that Brian Ross/ABC News report was cleared up, markets rose again.
Markets and investors want certainty and dependability. Part of the reason for the strong rise in the markets is precisely because business and investors believe that certainty is returning to U.S. economic policy, which in turn is spurring investments and economic growth.
Tonight’s spotlight is about the growing evidence of a different kind of collusion than what most have been hearing about for about a year.
What this developing story could mean for the markets will be briefly examined.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- LG is raising prices on washing machines
- Hasbro-Mattel merger rumor just won’t die
- Sales of ‘Fire and Fury’ reach 1.7M, publisher says
- World’s most powerful rocket faces critical test
- GE is under SEC investigation
- New iOS update gives you control over slowdown
- Brazil markets rally after ex-president’s sentence upheld
- Alphabet launches cybersecurity firm Chronicle
- Russia, Saudi Arabia not worried about U.S. oil boom
- Who can take the new business tax deduction?
- Burger King trolls net neutrality repeal
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow closes at record high, tech stocks weigh on Nasdaq
- SEC investigating GE charge, company posts $10 billion loss
- Oil dips on higher US fuel supplies, but overall market remains supported
- US home sales fall as record low inventory boosts prices
- Dollar plunges to 3-year low after Mnuchin cheers weaker greenback
- Super Bowl commercials: What brands have planned for this year’s game
- Hackers stole $172 billion last year: Consumers should avoid these mistakes
- NFL’s Terrell Owens teams up with social app, says he’s on ‘right path’ after money missteps
- BofA’s Moynihan says sharing tax reform cash with workers a priority
- Is your local Toys ‘R’ Us store closing? Here’s the full list
- United Air expansion plans clobbers airline stocks
- Starbucks to increase wages, improve benefits for 150K employees
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,837.54 -1.59(-0.06%)
Dow 30 26,252.12 +41.31(+0.16%)
Nasdaq 7,415.06 -45.23(-0.61%)
Russell 2000 1,599.61 -11.09(-0.69%)
Crude Oil 65.93 +1.46(+2.26%)
Gold 1,357.90 +21.20(+1.59%)
Silver 17.58 +0.67(+3.94%)
EUR/USD 1.2403 +0.0106(+0.86%)
10-Yr Bond 2.65 +0.03(+1.14%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Former US attorney Joe DiGenova says there was a brazen plot within the FBI to exonerate Hillary Clinton of wrongdoing and to frame Trump, reports Fox News.
DiGenova said the wrongfully constructed pseudo-crime was a plan if she lost the presidential election. DiGenova also says the ‘lost’ texts between two FBI agents can be recovered.
The DiGenova part of the report is teed up with some predicates that will help those new to this developing story.
The import of this and the following video for market watchers is this. Should these reports prove to be accurate, then ‘there is no there there’ with the Trump-Russia probe. That in turn should lift an unfortunate cloud that has hung over the markets and the nation for about a year.
Level of bias in FBI texts is ‘stunning, alarming’: Rep. Ratcliffe
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)