The Chicago Fed’s President, Charles Evans provides expert insights into the latest job numbers, which is tonight’s featured spotlight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- New work perk: Getting paid faster
- Dow surges 441 points on strong jobs report
- ESPN’s Michael Smith leaves ‘SportsCenter’
- Toys ‘R’ Us could go out of business next week
- Martin Shkreli sentenced to 7 years in prison for fraud
- Lloyd Blankfein is reportedly planning to leave Goldman Sachs
- Take that New York. We’re going PACIFIC
- Are Trump’s tariffs legal?
- Facebook to exclusively stream 25 MLB games
- The bull market just turned 9 years old. Will it live to see 10?
- What could Europe offer Trump to escape tariffs?
- Jobs report surprise: 313,000 jobs added in February
- Aston Martin to create all-electric car brand
- A flood of job hunters are back in the labor market
- Dinners and city tours: Amazon meets with its HQ2 finalists
- When American steel was king
- Mnuchin: US in talks with countries seeking tariff exemptions
- NBA Commish has ‘no issue’ with paying college athletes
- ‘Booth babes’ are vanishing from auto shows
- KFC asks supplier it ditched to help fix menu fiasco
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow rallies 441 points after job growth blows past estimates
- Jobs jump by 313,000 in February, best since July 2016
- Goldman’s Blankfein reportedly preparing to step down
- Intel, facing threat, considers deals that could include bid for Broadcom
- Taxes are taking a growing percentage of SS benefits from seniors
- Business Leaders
- Tesla’s $2.6B stock award for Elon Musk is excessive, ISS says
- Facebook to air 25 MLB games in exclusive streaming deal
- Generation X are better entrepreneurs than millennials
- Retail Apocalypse: 23 big retailers closing stores
- Top 10 richest places in America
- Disney shareholders push back on CEO Bob Iger’s compensation
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,786.57 +47.60(+1.74%)
Dow 30 25,335.74 +440.53(+1.77%)
Nasdaq 7,560.81 +132.86(+1.79%)
Russell 2000 1,597.14 +25.18(+1.60%)
Crude Oil 62.12 +2.00(+3.33%)
Gold 1,324.00 +2.30(+0.17%)
Silver 16.60 +0.10(+0.64%)
EUR/USD 1.2305 -0.0008(-0.06%)
10-Yr Bond 2.894 +0.028(+0.98%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Labor force increase is biggest since 2003, says CNBC, as many Americans finally get back to work.
· The labor force surged by 806,000, the biggest move since September 2003, and now sits just below 162 million.
· Those counted outside the labor force declined by 653,00, though they still number 95 million.
· The participation trend could be indicative that wages actually are coming up enough to encourage sidelined workers.
The labor data makes a nice book end to the under 1 minute video report from earlier today, linked below.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks/
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.
21st mortgage and finance, Berkshire Hathaway, Campaign for Accountability, Clayton Homes, Consumer Financial Protections Bureau, daniel wagner, department of justice, discriminatory lending, Dr. Lisa Tyler, Gus Rodriguez, Marty Lavin JD, mike baker, racism, Seattle Times, U.S. Representative Emanuel Cleaver, U.S. Representative Keith Ellison, U.S. Representative Maxine Waters, U.S. Representative Mike Capuano, Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Warren Buffett
<strong>See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks</strong>