What are the headlines that moved investors? The bullet views from two sides of the media left-right aisle are below.
Bullets from CNN Money.
- DeVos halts Obama-era student loan protections.
- She was 13 when her family fled to Mexico.
- Fed hikes interest rates by quarter point.
- Fox News drops ‘Fair and Balanced’ slogan.
- Innovative therapy swaps kid’s wheelchairs for toy cars.
- Canada wants to be the next Silicon Valley.
- 196 Democrats sue Trump over foreign money.
- Congressman shot at GOP baseball practice.
- Nike is the next U.S. company in Europe’s crosshairs.
- Trump’s newest Chinese trademarks.
- Jones interview sends Megyn Kelly’s advertisers fleeing.
Headlines in bullets from Fox Business today:
- Federal Reserve raises rates, plans to reduce balance sheet this year.
- Breaking down the Fed’s decision to raise interest rates.
- Federal Reserve hikes rates, Yellen takes questions.
- Wall St. dips after Fed rate hike; tech slumps again.
- Oil sinks to November lows on shock U.S. gasoline build.
- Scalise shooter dead after attacking baseball practice for upcoming charity game.
- James T. Hodgkinson: Alleged Scalise shooter was Sanders volunteer, wanted to ‘tax the rich.’
- Ivanka Trump: Apprenticeship could help fill 2M manufacturing jobs.
- Multiple victims from UPS center shooting in San Francisco.
- Tyson Foods lobbyist among victims in GOP baseball shooting.
- Home Depot co-founder Marcus: I’m worried about the lives of President Trump, Speaker Ryan.
9 Key Market Indicators, at this afternoon’s closing bell…
S&P 500 2,437.92 -2.43 (-0.10%)
Dow 30 21,374.56 +46.09 (+0.22%)
Nasdaq 6,194.89 -25.48 (-0.41%)
Crude Oil 44.74 -1.72 (-3.70%)
Gold 1,262.00 -6.60 (-0.52%)
Silver 16.88 +0.11 (+0.64%)
EUR/USD 1.1219 +0.001 (+0.09%)
10-Yr Bond 2.138 -0.069 (-3.13%)
Russell 2000 1,417.57 -8.41 (-0.59%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value 6.14.2017
Manufactured Housing Connected Stocks
Today’s Big Movers
Carlyle and UFPI lead the gainers. Patrick, Cavco, and Skyline lead the decliners. See below for all the scores and highlights.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report – Cavco Industries
Cavco, per the Markets Daily:
“News coverage about Cavco Industries (NASDAQ:CVCO) has trended somewhat negative on Saturday, AlphaOne Sentiment reports.
AlphaOne, a service of Accern, identifies positive and negative press coverage by reviewing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real time.
AlphaOne ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable.
Cavco Industries earned a daily sentiment score of -0.10 on AlphaOne’s scale. AlphaOne also assigned media coverage about the construction company an impact score of 0 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is extremely unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the near future.”
The stock dipped today. But the one year snapshot for Cavco is below, and it clearly reflects an upward trend.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII)
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers. LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing, while AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses. ##
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.