Tonight’s spotlight is a classic example of why the manufactured housing connected market report is set within the broader context of other – sometimes disruptive – macro-economic, media, or political issues.
With only a handful of exceptions, the manufactured home connected stocks broadly declined, and apparently for reasons that have only indirect impact on factory- built housing. Those macro-forces will be our featured spotlight for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Uber self-driving car kills pedestrian
- Dow drops 336 points as Facebook plunges
- El Salvador may host 3D-printed home community
- Facebook announces forensic audit of Trump data firm Cambridge Analytica
- AT&T-Time Warner trial: Why corporate America is watching it so closely
- The Fed will raise rates this week, but what comes next?
- After four deaths, feds launch probe into Hyundai and Kia airbags
- Trump bans Americans from buying Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- $12,000 for a bee sting? Emergency room visits get even pricier
- Michael Ferro steps down as Tronc chairman
- When are we going to see a truly great video game movie?
- This tech stock crashed 45% after its CEO resigned
- Kroger’s Fred Meyer stores to ‘phase out’ all guns
- There are still 100,000 pay phones in America
- Facebook cofounder Chris Hughes: US needs universal basic income
- Planning your fertility — with your company’s help
- Oscar Munoz’s tough ride as United CEO
- Claire’s files for bankruptcy
- 6 tax deductions you can take without itemizing
- Walmart teams up with Handy to set up your furniture for you
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Trump’s opioid plan: Drug companies could face ‘major litigation’
- Dow sinks by triple digits as Facebook data concerns drag on tech stocks
- Facebook shares tumble over data privacy concern
- How technology shareholders lost +$117B on Monday
- Uber suspends self-driving car tests after Arizona fatality
- Retail apocalypse: Number of US stores fell last year for first time since 2009
- Top 10 states where gun makers play pivotal economic role
- Saudi crown prince to visit Trump as Aramco IPO hits roadblocks
- Kroger’s Fred Meyer to stop selling guns, ammunition
- Volkswagen to build new SUV at Tennessee plant, invest $340M
- KB Toys plans comeback as Toys ‘R’ Us shuts down
- 6 big changes the Saudi crown prince has made so far
- Twitter will ban cryptocurrency ads in two weeks
- A new housing crisis emerging?
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,712.92 -39.09(-1.42%)
Dow 30 24,610.91 -335.60(-1.35%)
Nasdaq 7,344.24 -137.74(-1.84%)
Russell 2000 1,570.56 -15.49(-0.98%)
Crude Oil 62.16 +0.10(+0.16%)
Gold 1,317.70 -0.10(-0.01%)
Silver 16.33 0.00(0.00%)
EUR/USD 1.2342 +0.0008(+0.07%)
10-Yr Bond 2.85 -0.00(-0.11%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
- Facebook was just one of the factor behind an ugly sell-off in stocks that took the Dow down 1.4 percent Monday, said CNBC. Other mainstream media agree, but how they weight the story seems to break hard along the left-right media divide.
- While the sell off seems tied to news that tie the Trump Administration’s use of social media data in a fashion much like the Obama re-election team did in 2012, it should be seen beyond that concern.
- As the Daily Business News has been reporting for over a year, there’s a growing awareness that tech giants are exercising enormous – and political – power in the U.S. See a recent, related report linked below.
- The interest in regulating o breaking up big tech giants seems to be increasing.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.