Mark the calendar.
The normally anti-Trump, left-of-center Washington Post, specifically Heather Long, and President of the United States (POTUS) Donald J. Trump both agree on something.
The fundamentals of the economy are good.
Heather Long explains what’s going on with the Dow Jones and why you shouldn’t be too worried yet. That, FISA, and some of the drivers of the selloff are our focus, below.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Dow has worst single-day point fall ever
- Market mayhem puts Trump in a tough spot
- What emotion is driving the market today?
- Super Bowl ratings are down
- Passenger and freight trains often share tracks
- Top editors fired at Newsweek, sources say
- Waymo accuses Uber of ‘cheating’
- Why Super Bowl ads pulled punches on Trump
- Wells Fargo’s 17-month nightmare
- Britain’s most painful Brexit choice is all about trade
- Buying bitcoin with a credit card just got harder
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Stock market plunges, with Dow down a record 1,175 points in the Big Board’s biggest one-day drop
- Stock market could drop by a third, Martin Feldstein warns
- Bitcoin extends slide with a more than 10% fall
- Oil nears one-month low, volatile equities keep investors jittery
- Volatility is back as S&P 500 sinks 5% in 2 sessions
- Fed’s Powell sworn in, greeted with market turbulence
- How Amazon, JPMorgan and Berkshire can disrupt health care
- Wells Fargo CEO: Fed punishment won’t stop loan growth
- Sam’s Club adopting Amazon model as growth stalls?
- Ex-Facebook, Google employees launch anti-tech campaign
- Market selloff: How millennials should handle the volatility
- Broadcom sweetens Qualcomm bid, calling it the final offer
- Markets Right Now: Dow drops 1,175, biggest-ever point drop
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,648.94 -113.19(-4.10%)
Dow 30 24,345.75 -1,175.21(-4.60%)
Nasdaq 6,967.53 -273.42(-3.78%)
Russell 2000 1,491.09 -56.18(-3.63%)
Crude Oil 63.73 -1.72(-2.63%)
Gold 1,341.60 +4.30(+0.32%)
Silver 16.70 -0.01(-0.05%)
EUR/USD 1.239 -0.0067(-0.54%)
10-Yr Bond 2.79 -0.06(-2.10%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
WaPo’s Heather Long makes several interesting points, as do the two videos from Fox Business, that follow.
FISA memo impacting stock selloff?
There are the usual voices that say this is a time to ‘buy the dip,’ now that there is ‘more value’ in many stocks, precisely because the economic fundamentals are strong. Time will tell…
…at 6:18 PM ET, the Dow, S&P and NASDAQ futures are all up. It should be noted, as was said in the WaPo and Fox Business videos, that the fundamentals of the economy remain the same; solid. The link to the recent FED report, is linked below.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
Profitable Insight$ – POTU$ Trump Effect on MH Stock$ at 1 Year, Part 4
Suppliers LPX, Patrick, Manufactured Home Builders Nobility, Skyline Homes – the Trump Effect on MH Stocks, Markets Part 3
Trump Effect – 1 Year Election Impact on Manufactured Housing Connected Stocks, Part 2
Just the Facts – Trump Effect on Manufactured Home Connected Stocks, Part 1
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.