As pop-culture, politics, and economics meet, a reality check is hitting America. The nascent trend may not yet be high on many people’s radar. But that’s why it’s worth looking at now, as the 2018 mid terms are about 6 months out. The Kanye West/Candace Owens controversy will be out focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Google’s spending spree rattles Wall Street
- Hedge fund manager Kyle Bass will join Richard Quest on ‘Markets Now’
- 10-year Treasury yield hits 3% for first time since 2014
- Naked butts, crime confessions and bullying: What Facebook won’t let you post
- Here’s a retailer opening brick-and-mortar stores
- GE pressured to fire auditor after 109 years
- Home prices are on an epic run
- Diet Coke’s new flavors are a big hit
- Cheap wine is about to get a lot more expensive
- Seattle’s proposed tax to fight homelessness may hit Amazon hardest
- French billionaire detained by police
- Who loses if Trump ditches Iran deal?
- Chicago Tribune staffers overwhelmingly back union
- Uber CEO on diversity report: We need to improve ‘across the board’
- Spotify revamps app for non-paying users
- Google had a monster quarter
- Amazon now delivers to the trunk of your car
- We got an Amazon package delivered to our trunk
- Facebook reveals rules on taking down controversial posts
- Billionaire investor: It’s time to short Facebook
- Uber faces a new threat in Mexico
- YouTube took down more than 8 million videos in 3 months
- Women could boost Asian economies by $4.5 trillion
- The EU has one week to avoid a trade fight with the US
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow tumbles more than 400 points
- Caterpillar tumbles as ‘high-water mark’ cited by CFO
- United Airlines CEO takes big pay cut, chairman leaves
- Rand Paul to force Senate vote on budget-slashing bill
- Brooks Brothers at 200: Lincoln, San Juan Hill, 9/11 and Trump
- After tax overhaul, mortgage interest deductions seen plummeting
- FDA cracks down on Juul, e-cig sales to minors
- Consumer confidence rebounds: Prelude to another market rally?
- Retail renaissance? These companies are opening new locations
- JetBlue to sell tickets for semi-private flights
- Strong earnings season: Why aren’t stocks benefiting?
- Express Scripts’ plan to change drug pricing dynamic
- Andy Puzder: Why America’s CEOs must speak out
- Yahoo is fined tens of millions for failing to disclose data breach
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,634.56 -35.73(-1.34%)
Dow 30 24,024.13 -424.56(-1.74%)
Nasdaq 7,007.35 -121.25(-1.70%)
Russell 2000 1,553.31 -8.84(-0.56%)
Crude Oil 67.86 -0.78(-1.14%)
Gold 1,332.80 +8.80(+0.66%)
Silver 16.70 +0.12(+0.71%)
EUR/USD 1.2234 +0.0026(+0.21%)
10-Yr Bond 2.95 +0.04(+1.27%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Last week, we noted that black billionaire Robert Johnson refused to be bullied by left-of-center CNBC panelists into disrespecting President Trump and his agenda. Johnson pointed to the positive results that the Trump agenda are providing to the nation, including blacks and other minorities.
More recently, performance artists Kanye West tweeted his support for Candace Owen, who says she was a liberal two years ago, and today is pro-Trump and a self-described conservative. She’s “evolved.”
It is way too soon to make predictions about the midterms, and what impact they will have on American business. It ought to be seen as tragic that who holds the congress and White House can have so much impact on American business and the economy, but there it is. That’s reality in 2018. The right or wrong headlines sends the markets rising or failing, in spite of overall good economic news.
So, issues like the outcome of the 2018 midterms are indeed important. It is entirely possible that voices like West’s, Owens’ and Johnson’s could signal a new coalition in America. If so, then don’t buy too deeply into the narrative that the president’s party has no chance.
It’s a jump ball, and one side will outhustle – or not – the other.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.