Two pithy videos today bring you the landmines that other professionals stepped in during 2017, plus ‘the favorite book lesson’ for Warren Buffett and Bill Gates.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Foxconn’s Wisconsin deal keeps getting sweeter
- Yes or No? Simple answers to your tax questions
- 2017 was the year of the red-hot job market
- Powerball + Mega Millions = $690 million
- Your pre-paid property tax questions answered
- 5 money mistakes to avoid in the new year
- Hillary Clinton supporters outraged at Vanity Fair
- Apple CEO Tim Cook now takes private planes only
- These stock markets had a stellar 2017
- America’s tax change costing foreign companies billions
- Want to boost your income? Here’s how
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Apple apologizes for slowing iPhones, cuts battery prices
- Apple’s Tim Cook now required to fly private company plane
- Oil prices stay near high on strong U.S. refinery runs, China data
- Wall Street rises as financials, tech advance
- Rushing to pay taxes? New law spurs confused pre-payment push
- What tax reform really means for small businesses
- SoftBank succeeds in bid to buy Uber shares
- Trump’s infrastructure overhaul to be detailed next month
- Amazon vs. retailers: 7 takeaways from tracking holiday prices
- Five things to know if you want to prepay your property taxes
- The worst biz blunders of 2017
- Best credit card offers for 2018
- Think retail is dead? Not so fast: Here are 3 retailers that rallied in 2017
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,687.54 +4.92(+0.18%)
Dow 30 24,837.51 +63.21(+0.26%)
Nasdaq 6,950.16 +10.82(+0.16%)
Russell 2000 1,548.93 +4.99(+0.32%)
Crude Oil 59.89 +0.25(+0.42%)
Gold 1,297.20 +5.80(+0.45%)
Silver 16.91 +0.15(+0.92%)
EUR/USD 1.1938 +0.0001(+0.01%)
10-Yr Bond 2.43 +0.02(+0.75%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
From right-of-center, Fox Business, blunders from 2017 (hint, try and avoid stuff like it); and from left-of-center, CNBC, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett’s ‘favorite business book’ takeaway.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
Profitable Insight$ – POTU$ Trump Effect on MH Stock$ at 1 Year, Part 4
Suppliers LPX, Patrick, Manufactured Home Builders Nobility, Skyline Homes – the Trump Effect on MH Stocks, Markets Part 3
Trump Effect – 1 Year Election Impact on Manufactured Housing Connected Stocks, Part 2
Just the Facts – Trump Effect on Manufactured Home Connected Stocks, Part 1
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.