If you’re hooked on our new spotlight market feature – or are ready to get the fever – our headline report is found further below.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall market stocks.
By spotlighting the headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – this report also helps readers see what are the trends and topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Trump’s State slaps sanctions on Venezuela’s Maduro
- Obamacare crisis nearly fixed in Ohio
- Nissan charged with unfair labor practices
- Scaramucci out as communications director
- Los Angeles will host 2028 Olympics
- Oil races back to $50 — but can it stay there?
- Is it time for universal paid family leave?
- Snapchat’s moment of truth is here
- HBO is latest hacking victim
- Why you should be saving 15% (or more) of your income
- 26-year-old founder wants to change payments in Africa
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Paul Ryan meets with DC powerhouses amid tax reform concerns
- Dow hits new high as stocks post July gains (see related report, linked here)
- Oil near two-month high as producers set to meet again
- Trump fires communications chief Scaramucci in new White House upheaval
- NASCAR cuts weekend schedule to save money, ease travel
- SEC charges brokers with scamming retirement-age investors out of $40M
- Elon Musk isn’t the only CEO suffering from possible ‘bipolar’ symptoms
- Slow July auto sales hint at late summer discounts
- Lilly USA president on health care reform
- Gary Cohn: GOP in total agreement on major tax reform issues
- After Trump meeting, Ukraine to import US thermal coal for the first time
- US sanctions Venezuelan President Maduro following controversial election
- Will you end up working during retirement? Chances are, yes.
- Melania Trump sparks tourism boom in Slovenia
- What Happened in the Stock Market Today
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,470.30 -1.80 (-0.07%)
Dow 30 21,891.12 +60.81 (+0.28%)
Nasdaq 6,348.12 -26.55 (-0.42%)
Crude Oil 50.18 +0.47 (+0.95%)
Gold 1,275.50 +0.20 (+0.02%)
Silver 16.82 +0.12 (+0.75%)
EUR/USD 1.1844 +0.0093 (+0.79%)
10-Yr Bond 2.292 +0.003 (+0.13%)
Russell 2000 1,425.14-4.12 (-0.29%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
AMG, Cavco lead among the gainers. UFPI, CG led the sliders – and most community connected stocks retreated today.
For all the scores and highlights on tracked stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report – AMG Spotlight
On our July 19th Affiliated Managers Group (AMG) spotlight, the Daily Business News alerted readers that the investment firm had broken its technical barriers.
It continues to rise.
Here’s a snapshot of the headlines today on AMG.
We selected Barron’s as a third party report for this industry connected fund.
“The alternatives asset management firm’s June-end quarter earnings per share came in at $3.33, beating consensus expectations of $3.24. Sales came in at $580.9 million and operating income, at $201 million. AMG paid a dividend of $0.20 per share and repurchased about $120 million worth of shares.
Jefferies‘ Dan Fannon, who has a Buy rating on the stock with a price target of $200, thinks continued demand for alternatives and improving demand for global and emerging stock should keep net flows in positive territory. In a takeaway published this morning, he wrote:
Total net flows of +$1.8B for the quarter compared to our estimate of break-even. The institutional segment recorded net flows of +$1.4B vs. our -$1.5B est and -$4.0B last qtr. The mutual fund channel recorded -$0.4B compared to our forecast for +$1.0B (and +$2.1B last quarter) and the high net worth channel took in +$0.8B compared to our estimate for +$0.5B (and +$0.6B last quarter). Gross sales in the quarter were paced by alternatives (+$14.3B) and global equities (+$10.0B) while gross redemptions were relatively similar across alts (-$9.6B), global equities (-$9.8B), while US equities were slightly improved q/q (-$6.6B from -$8.0B)…
Mgmt cited several themes with respect to the overall flow environment including continued demand for alternatives and global equities offset by ongoing weakness in US equity. Mgmt re-iterated its confidence in the pending fundraising cycle for longer dated alternatives with the start of the $10B net capital raise to begin in 3Q with an estimated 12-18 month runway. Finally, in terms of the new deal pipeline, mgmt highlighted a strong backlog but with a back end of the year or 2018 focus in terms of execution.
Nearly two-thirds of analysts covering AMG has an Overweight rating on the stock, according to FactSet. The average price target is $193.89, implying upside of little more than 5%.”
You will find only the very best manufactured home industry coverage, every business day. We’re not perfect, but we are by far the best. Who says? Pros like ELS’ Vice-Chair, Howard Walker.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Markets Data
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers. LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing, while AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
No one else covering our industry even comes close. Which is why you and thousands of others join us here, daily.
Thank you for your vote of confidence.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ##
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.