2 out of 3 Americans surveyed credit President Donald J. Trump for an improving economy, per CBS News. That poll was conducted prior to the joint announcement Saturday that China and the U.S. have put tariffs on hold, as they announced the outlines of a tentative trade deal.
That’s our market focus for tonight, noting that most of the industry’s tracked stocks rose today.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Consumer Reports: We can’t recommend Tesla’s Model 3
- Netflix announces multi-year deal with the Obamas
- GE’s latest sale: Its 111-year-old rail business
- Dow soars as US-China trade tensions cool
- After CNN report, lawmakers want answers from Uber, Lyft on sexual assaults
- Facebook wants to make changing your privacy settings less work
- What to watch for when Mark Zuckerberg testifies in Europe
- Mark Zuckerberg will testify live and you can watch it
- New version of Tesla’s Model 3 will cost $78,000
- Analysis: 3 tough questions after the US-China trade truce
- US and China call a ceasefire in trade dispute
- Women’s greatest financial regret — and how to avoid it
- It’s not just you: Everything really is getting more expensive
- How much should you pay for college?
- Beyond Social Security: 5 retirement income strategies
- Scared of running out of money in retirement? A ‘personal pension’ could be for you
- Ryanair braces for first profit drop in 5 years
- Starbucks: You don’t need to buy anything to hang out in our stores
- Tax cut sparks record-setting $178 billion buyback boom
- What is the perfect price for oil?
- What is GDPR? Everything to know about Europe’s new data law
- Why Millennials aren’t feeling the boom in household wealth
- The first holographic smartphone will be released later this year
- Website flaw exposed real-time location for millions of cell phones, experts say
- These drones fly 24/7 — no humans needed
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow returns to 25,000 as tariff dispute ‘put on hold’
- Don’t stick a fork in equity rally yet, Goldman says
- Trump tweet: China to buy more US farm products
- Cupertino said to mull ‘head tax’ on Apple, others
- Sports betting: Now the ball is in the court of credit card companies
- Entrenched Obama bureaucrats tried to cover for Hillary, destabilize Trump: Varney
- Tesla Model 3 denied Consumer Reports recommendation
- North Korea making very dramatic changes: Jim Rogers
- Supreme Court OKs company bans on workers’ class-action suits
- WWE shares surge as Fox reportedly secures ‘SmackDown’ TV rights
- Fifth Third tumbles after $4.7B deal to buy Chicago-based bank
- China trade sanctions ‘ready to be fired’: Wilbur Ross
- Wabtec, GE Transportation to merge
- Book on Elizabeth Holmes hits shelves early after SEC ‘massive fraud’ charge
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
One pundit used the phrase, “Promises Made, Promises Kept.”
The Dow soared 300 points today, after news this weekend that Chinese and American sources both stated that they have come to a tentative agreement on a broad range of trade related issues.
The mutually threatened tariffs, at least for now, are on hold.
Fox Business said, “The United States and China agreed to take steps to significantly reduce the $370 billion trade deficit between the two economic powerhouses by having Beijing purchase more goods, according to a joint statement released by the two nations on Saturday.”
“There was a consensus on taking effective measures to substantially reduce the United States trade deficit in goods with China,” per the joint statement. “To meet the growing consumption needs of the Chinese people and the need for high-quality economic development, China will significantly increase purchases of United States goods and services.”
“Both sides agreed to encourage two-way investment and to strive to create a fair, level playing field for competition,” the statement read.
According to the White House, the U.S. will increase its agriculture and energy exports to China and will end a team of negotiators to Beijing to work out the details, in a statement emailed to MHProNews.
The details of how much deficit reduction will be have not yet been revealed.
As some observers noted, this isn’t going to be a case of the Chinese regime taking out a purchase order, but rather of genuine systemic changes which could lead to the growth of U.S. exports. Given that change, that would be good for American farming, energy, manufacturing, technology, and other interests.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.