The Daily Business News began our coverage last week of Hurricane Harvey and the likely damage it will cause. As Texas, FEMA, NGOs and private citizens begin to assess and respond, the need to house potentially hundreds of thousands of Americans in Texas and Louisiana will become evident.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- How much damage will Harvey cause?
- What Hurricane Harvey will mean for gas prices
- Biggest economic risk for Houston? People leaving
- Uber’s new CEO will have to deal with Uber’s old CEO
- Tips for filing insurance claims after Harvey
- Huge Exxon oil refinery damaged by Harvey
- Zuckerberg’s second baby makes her debut
- Whole Foods just got a whole lot cheaper Trending
- Anheuser-Busch will provide water to victims of Harvey
- Uber’s next CEO: Who is Dara Khosrowshahi?
- Houston Texans owner pledges $1 million for storm relief
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Trump comments on Harvey recovery efforts
- Harvey by the numbers
- Wall Street little changed despite Harvey pummeling
- Oil falls but gasoline jumps as Harvey hits U.S. refiners
- Companies pledge millions in Harvey donations
- Gas prices to spike as Harvey takes out refineries
- Now at Whole Foods: Cheaper milk, “farm fresh” Amazon Echo
- Oil production in Gulf of Mexico begins to recover
- Kaepernick’s former 49ers teammate resumes anthem protest
- Amazon rewrites rule book for grocers
- Energy groups fight back against effort to shut down Dakota Access pipeline
- NAFTA partners unfazed by Trump’s withdrawal threats
- The best funds for your 401(k)
- NFL, Texans, Patriots pledge $1M to Hurricane Harvey relief
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,444.24 +1.19 (+0.05%)
Dow 30 21,808.40 -5.27 (-0.02%)
Nasdaq 6,283.02 +17.37 (+0.28%)
Crude Oil 46.81 -1.06 (-2.21%)
Gold 1,315.40 +17.50 (+1.35%)
Silver 17.44 +0.39 (+2.29%)
EUR/USD 1.1979 +0.0055 (+0.46%)
10-Yr Bond 2.159 -0.01 (-0.46%)
Russell 2000 1,382.23 +4.78 (+0.35%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
Several manufactured housing stocks have risen in the wake of Harvey.
For all the scores and highlights on tracked stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
How Much Damage Will Harvey Cause?
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Markets Data
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ##
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.