Before diving into tonight’s feature, millions will tune in tonight to see who President Donald J. Trump will nominate to replace retiring Justice Anthony “Tony” Kennedy on the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS). Some have speculated on a variety of supposed top contenders. An interesting op-ed by Senator Orin Hatch May provide a clue, when it uses the pronoun “she” to describe the pending nominee.
According to the often-announced plan, sometime after 9 PM ET, the nation will know.
That said, beyond the data for today’s tracked manufactured home industry connected equities, the focus for tonight’s is what Fox Business called a “risky” trade war.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- The product is banned in some cities. The company is valued at $2 billion
- Sell tech: Morgan Stanley’s warning to investors
- Disney set to nab 700 million viewers in India
- Samsung goes big in India with ‘world’s largest mobile factory’
- Is HBO the next Netflix?
- Tencent Music could reach $30 billion valuation in US IPO
- Inside Adidas’ vision for the future
- Driving the Subaru 360, one of the worst cars ever sold in America
- ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ marks Marvel’s 20th straight No. 1 opening
- Tariffs cast a shadow as earnings season begins
- US soybean farmers say China tariffs could result in ‘serious damage’
- Chicken nuggets, avocados and whiskey. The trade war is making 1,300 products more expensive
- 4 ways to make your workday more productive
- What we lose when we let Trump’s tweets and insults take over the news
- Winklevoss twins’ cryptocurrency firm hires NYSE executive
- Sonos prepares to go public
- ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ caps off Marvel’s blockbuster year
- Uber and Lyft want to be about so much more than cars
- Samsung’s run of record profits fizzles out
- Having more control over your data doesn’t mean it’s safe
- China says the US has started ‘the biggest trade war’ in history
- Google’s eerily human phone bot is ready for the real world
- Boeing’s hypersonic passenger plane could get you from New York to London in 2 hours
- Boeing and Brazil’s Embraer form $4.75 billion commercial jet venture
- The new Fox will be a sports and entertainment hub
- MoviePass rolls out surge pricing
- Another strong jobs report. Here’s why unemployment jumped
- Mall vacancies hit six-year high
- Trump calls journalists ‘bad people’ at rally a week after newsroom shooting
- Is this the future of home renovation?
- Amazon could radically change how you get prescriptions
- These gadgets could transform the lives of visually impaired people
- Jaguar Land Rover: Brexit threatens our plan to spend $100 billion in the UK
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Trump rips Pfizer for raising drug prices
- Winners and losers of Trump’s decision to halt ObamaCare payments
- Stock rally continues following jobs report
- The next recession: When, and why it will happen
- Chinese customs clears some US goods as new tariffs take effect: sources
- Amazon Prime Day 2018: How to score the best deals
- Trump’s Supreme Court nominee will be ‘outstanding’: former clerk for Justice Scalia
- Starbucks is officially going strawless
- Twitter stock falls as company tackles fake accounts
- This new game show will pay off your student loan debt
- Economists understating US GDP
- Will Elon Musk’s ‘kid submarine’ be used in Thai rescue?
- War on straws: 5 eco-friendly alternatives to plastic
- AT&T to overhaul HBO, add more original content: report
- Trump feeds on the rage of opponents: Varney
- Elvis, Beatles memorabilia items on display at Hard Rock
- Twitter stock falls as company tackles fake accounts[overlay type]
- Twitter stock falls as company tackles fake accounts
- Why Advanced Micro Devices Stock Gained 59% So Far in 2018
- How Pandora Media Inc. Shares Soared 63.5% Higher in the First Half of 2018
- A solid first-quarter report was music to the ears of success-starved shareholders.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
It may surprise some to learn that a third-party research found that Fox News is roughly a 50-50 split on coverage that is for-or-against the president and Trump Administration policies.
While many Fox News and Fox Business hosts are pro-POTUS Trump, not all are.
Further, many of the shows feature panel discussion, where they bring in Democratic, or so-called RINO, and “never Trump” backers.
The video above is an example of a report that is largely negative about the Trump trade gambit. It isn’t until the very end of the video that you get a sense of why the president is taking this tactic in the first place.
The interview with Forbes’ Steve Forbes is also tentative about the issue of trade.
But there are voices in the business world that think that this is precisely the right strategy, and it is the right time, because there is a nice cushion fueled by more jobs, rising wages, lower taxes, more common sense regulations and the like.
Time will tell. But as Marty Lavin, or CNBC’s Cramer have observed, the time is right for this battle. If not now, when will the U.S. stand up to China’s theft of intellectual property, or other problematic trade practices?
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.