Skyline, Equity LifeStyle Properties and Sun Communities were among the few manufactured home industry connected stocks that bucked a broader drop in the markets. There is also a link to a report on VMF, Clayton Homes in house lender, near the bottom of this daily market report.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall market stocks.
Part of this unique feature spotlights headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Market jitters return after Barcelona attack
- The social media blackout behind the UVa vigil
- Trump tweets false rumor after Barcelona terror attack
- Ford settles federal harassment investigation
- Cleveland Clinic pulls fundraiser from Trump resort
- Silicon Valley grapples with its control over free speech
- Hate groups on Facebook: Why some get to stay
- Ex-Starbucks CEO denounces neo-Nazi hatred
- Trump’s war on regulation comes with big tradeoffs
- Using data to thwart human traffickers
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Stocks dive after Barcelona terrorist attack
- Barcelona terror attack: Europe’s travel capital rocked
- Barcelona attack: US men’s college basketball teams confirmed safe
- Tillerson: Terrorists should know the US, allies will find you and bring you to justice
- Oil rises more than 1 pct on bets U.S. inventories falling
- Fox News: At least 13 dead after van plows into crowd; suspect arrested in Barcelona terror attack
- Blackstone’s CEO Schwarzman fielded CEO pile-on over Trump’s Charlottesville handling
- Republican Party is walking away from the GOP president: Stuart Varney
- Ex-Google employee says Silicon Valley blacklists conservatives
- Walmart is ready for Amazon-Whole Foods
- Cleveland Clinic pulls event from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort
- LL Bean boosting production of iconic boot
- FAA changes San Francisco landing rules after close call
- No Powerball winner yet; jackpot jumps to $510 million
- Walmart is in jeopardy from the digital transformation, Amazon is leading: Tom Siebel
- C3 IoT CEO Tom Siebel discusses the digital transformation impacting the future of corporate America.
- Solar eclipse watchers could cost employers $694 million, report says
- Ackman takes aim at ADP as tensions mountarticle Ackman takes aim at ADP as tensions mount
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,430.01 -38.10 (-1.54%)
Dow 30 21,750.73 -274.14 (-1.24%)
Nasdaq 6,221.91 -123.19 (-1.94%)
Crude Oil 47.02 +0.24 (+0.51%)
Gold 1,294.00 +11.10 (+0.87%)
Silver 17.02 +0.08 (+0.50%)
EUR/USD 1.1718 -0.0053 (-0.45%)
10-Yr Bond 2.199 -0.027 (-1.21%)
Russell 2000 1,358.94 -24.59 (-1.78%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
Skyline, Equity LifeStyle Properties and Sun Communities were the leaders among a day of numerous decliners.
For all the scores and highlights on tracked stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report – Video reports on what sparked a market retreat…
…and the bottom line is that investors are concerned that the pro-growth Trump agenda is being undermined. Per CNBC:
Dow posts biggest one-day fall in 3 months; concerns over Trump agenda grow
· The index started falling earlier on fears that Gary Cohn, a business friendly advisor to the president, could resign his role as director of National Economic Council because of Trump’s remarks following the violent protests in Charlottesville, VA.
· The concern remains that members of Congress and others in the business community would not want to work with the President following the backlash that led Trump to dissolve two CEO advisory forums.
But what these reports and videos aren’t saying is this. That the president’s polices have been moving the needle on the markets, in job creation, wage growth and for business. If anti-Trump forces successfully derail that pro-growth, pro-American agenda, it would lead to a crash.
MHProNews plans a special report on this issue in the near term. Look for it.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Markets Data
A special report on VMF – linked here. After several messages back and forth from VMF to MHProNews, they have not yet confirmed nor denied these reports.
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers. LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing, while AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ##
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.