REITs – real estate investment trusts – have been a ‘big deal’ in manufactured home investing for years.
As a bookend to our Hoya Capital, Seeking Alpha report analysis posted earlier today, is this video and copy – also courtesy from Hoya.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Blackout at tech’s biggest show
- CE officers raid 7-Elevens nationwide
- Trump calls for review of libel laws (again)
- Ohio man indicted for digitally spying on people
- Millions of Medicaid recipients already work
- Actress paid less than 1% of male co-star’s paycheck
- IRS needs more money
- Mine closing wipes out many of Trump’s coal job gains
- GoPro CEO: We’re open to selling company
- Diet Coke’s new cans, flavors are Millennial-friendly
- Toyota and Mazda to build $1.6 billion joint plant
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- GE CEO feud: Welch vs. Immelt
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos is now the richest person in the world
- Wall Street falls on China, NAFTA concerns
- S. crude inventory fall buoys oil, worries about rally persist
- ICE raids 98 7-Eleven stores in immigration crackdown
- Trump best GOP president for the Dow in first year
- Circuit City plots comeback with website relaunch, smaller stores
- Norway to buy Boeing, Lockheed Martin aircraft
- Amazon drug sales could ‘blow the entire ecosystem apart’
- McSally turns to Senate Leadership Fund as she prepares for Senate run
- S. law firm accuses Ford of rigging trucks to cheat emission tests
- Fed’s Bullard says inflation miss “cost” nearly $1T in nominal growth
- Trump’s lawyer Michael Cohen faces ‘uphill battle’ in suing Fusion GPS, BuzzFeed over Russia dossier
- Job hunting? These are the best occupations for 2018
- Davos elites could use a dose of Trump: Varney
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,748.23 -3.06(-0.11%)
Dow 30 25,369.13 -16.67(-0.07%)
Nasdaq 7,153.57 -10.01(-0.14%)
Russell 2000 1,559.80 -0.30(-0.02%)
Crude Oil 63.50 +0.54(+0.86%)
Gold 1,317.40 +3.70(+0.28%)
Silver 16.99 -0.02(-0.12%)
EUR/USD 1.1948 +0.0011(+0.09%)
10-Yr Bond 2.55 +0.00(+0.16%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Summary of Hoya Capital, Seeking Alpha points on MHC REITs
Manufactured Housing continues to outperform the broader REIT averages in 2017. The sector is up 20% YTD and more than 100% over the past three years.
3Q17 earnings were better than expected. Both Equity Lifestyle and Sun Communities beat earnings estimates and raised full-year guidance. Same-unit NOI rose 7.5% from 3Q16 and 2018 looks promising too.
After fearing the worst, Hurricane Irma and Harvey had only minimal effects on these REITs. Between the two REITs, only five seasonal RV resorts in the Keys sustained significant damage.
No economic segment stands to benefit more from the Trump agenda than the “forgotten” white rural working class. Economic confidence has improved dramatically since election day for this economic segment.
Manufactured housing remains, by far, the most affordable non-subsidized housing option. We caution, however, that residents may choose to upgrade to better housing options if their economic conditions improve considerably.
While the above is dated Oct 24, 2017, the thrust of the information is quite on point today.
The video below is a generic one on the advantages, per NAREIT, of investing in REITs.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
Profitable Insight$ – POTU$ Trump Effect on MH Stock$ at 1 Year, Part 4
Suppliers LPX, Patrick, Manufactured Home Builders Nobility, Skyline Homes – the Trump Effect on MH Stocks, Markets Part 3
Trump Effect – 1 Year Election Impact on Manufactured Housing Connected Stocks, Part 2
Just the Facts – Trump Effect on Manufactured Home Connected Stocks, Part 1
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis, and commentary.)
Note 1: Thousands of MH Pros, Investors, Officials and Housing Experts do it. You, your team, and industry colleagues can sign up to the MH Industry leading headline news/updates – typically sent twice weekly – click here to sign up in just seconds.
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.