The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), and the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) are among the trade groups that have sounded off in favor of getting tax reform done in 2017.
Typically, the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR) and the Manufacturing Housing Institute (MHI) don’t make public comments on this issue. So the spotlight report today is on the vexing question to thousands of businesses – and the broader markets – will tax reform get done this year?
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Wells Fargo is in trouble for a whole new reason
- Producers Guild moves to expel Harvey Weinstein
- California will make one year free at community colleges
- Misery in Puerto Rico: Long lines, no power
- Venezuela blames Trump for missed debt payments
- Australia takes on revenge porn
- Jimmy Kimmel opens up about emotional monologues
- Wi-Fi network flaw could let hackers spy on you
- Weinstein Co. says it is in sale talks
- Oath CEO wants women to fill 50% of leadership roles
- This social picture frame is also a modern piece of art
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Business owner faces backlash for attending Trump signing
- Trump: NFL should have suspended players for kneeling
- White House: $4,000 more for families with business tax cuts
- Wall St. closes at records helped by finance, energy sectors
- Oil jumps 1%; fighting shuts output in Iraq’s Kirkuk
- Netflix subscriber adds beat estimates as original shows lure viewers
- Drug distributors rebound as opioid crisis blame ‘overblown,’ Cowen analyst says
- Coulter: ‘Army of enablers, pimps & madams’ is what Hollywood was for Weinstein
- Workplace sexual harassment reports down despite uptick in media
- Investors should expect ‘years’ of health care reform related uncertainty
- Amazon is now the biggest corporate lobbyist in Washington
- Exelixis and Ruby Tuesday rise while Nordstrom and Tesla dip
- Wolf blames Trump, Congress for spiking health coverage cost
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,557.64 +4.47(+0.18%)
Dow 30 22,956.96 +85.24(+0.37%)
Nasdaq 6,624.00 +18.20(+0.28%)
Crude Oil 51.87 +0.42(+0.82%)
Gold 1,296.50 -8.10(-0.62%)
Silver 17.23 -0.18(-1.04%)
EUR/USD 1.1795 -0.0025(-0.21%)
10-Yr Bond 2.31 +0.03(+1.18%)
Russell 2000 1,502.68 +0.02(+0.00%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
President Donald J. Trump, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tax Reform in 2017
It’s amazing what some heat will do under the right – or wrong? – people.
It’s equally amazing that unnamed sources or empty talking heads are trying to paint the president as ready for 25th Amendment removal. The president routinely appears cool, confident, and in command – even when the situation he is speaking about may be fraught with political peril.
Here’s CNBC’s bullets below.
· President Donald Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell reiterate that they want a tax bill passed this year.
· Tax-writing committees still have not drafted a concrete plan. The leaders also try to quash talk about a rocky relationship, saying they are united in their agenda.
· Regarding this second video, below, of the ‘entire’ press conference you can skip to about the 10:30 time mark to catch the actual start of this conference.
The first video is considered by many Oval Office watchers as the key snippet.
The second video is of the ‘full’ press conference, and you can skip to about the 10:30 time mark to see where the conference actually opens, as President Trump, and U.S. Senate Majority Leader McConnell make their appearance for the press.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.