Economist Ben Stein told Fox Business minutes ago that while he’s not for tariffs, he believes the president has been shrewd in how this has been done.
CNBC notes the uptick in stocks. No one has covered steel, aluminum and how it impacts manufactured housing like the Daily Business News, which will be our focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- 11 countries sign TPP trade pact without the US
- Elon Musk asks Trump for help on China
- Young women need sports — and funding
- Pro-Trump media sweeps Stormy Daniels story under rug
- Fake news spreads much faster on Twitter than true news, study finds
- Take that New York. We’re going PACIFIC
- Yes, you can still deduct interest on your home equity loan
- Hospitals offer big bonuses and college tuition to recruit nurses
- Snapchat is laying off about 120 engineers
- Russians released anti-Clinton video game weeks before election
- PlayStation lets parents boot kids from playing
- US farmers could be collateral damage in trade war
- Fearless Girl’s NYC future remains unclear
- Volkswagen will stop burning coal to build cars
- What merger mania means for health care
- Cigna to buy Express Scripts for $67 billion
- Ryanair CEO: Brexit panic will start in 6 months
- Ford wants in on the drone business
- JPMorgan exec warns stock market could fall by 40%
- Closing the gender gap helps the planet and the economy
elected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Trump rolling out big trade tariffs, sparing Mexico, Canada
- Tariffs would boost inflation, but by how much?
- NAFTA negotiations could exempt Canada, Mexico from tariffs: Peter Navarro
- Stocks rise as Trump rolls out tariffs
- Trump: Gary Cohn may return to White House
- International Women’s Day: FOX Business on breaking the glass ceiling
- Will Trump undo the damage Obama did to small banks?
- Home Depot pledges $50 million to train 20,000 skilled laborers, military veterans wanted
- Tesla’s Elon Musk posts photo of Semi trucks before first delivery
- Household net worth jumps to $98.7 trillion
- Cigna, Express Scripts combo may mean less costly meds, analysts say
- Retail Apocalypse: 23 big retailers closing stores
- Top 10 richest places in America
- Three 401(k) mistakes that can derail your retirement
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,738.97 +12.17(+0.45%)
Dow 30 24,895.21 +93.85(+0.38%)
Nasdaq 7,427.95 +31.30(+0.42%)
Russell 2000 1,571.96 -2.57(-0.16%)
Crude Oil 60.31 -0.84(-1.37%)
Gold 1,322.60 -5.00(-0.38%)
Silver 16.50 +0.01(+0.04%)
EUR/USD 1.2311 -0.0099(-0.80%)
10-Yr Bond 2.87 -0.02(-0.59%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The impact on manufactured homes is modest at best, says our sources in production, which includes larger and smaller producers of HUD Code manufactured homes.
Experts Break Down Anticipated Cost$ of Tariffs on New Manufactured Homes
The larger market response is as follows, per CNBC.
- President Donald Trump signed two proclamations levying tariffs on aluminum and steel imports. Mexico and Canada are exempted.
- White House officials say the tariffs are an essential matter of domestic and economic security, an argument critics have rejected.
- The 25 percent duty on steel and 10 percent charge on aluminum follow a pledge from Trump to revisit global trade deals, NAFTA in particular.
- The tariffs will take effect in 15 days.
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.