Moody’s Managing Director John Lonski on President Trump’s plan to take on government spending and its potential impact on the U.S. markets and economy, will be part of our focus this evening. But we have a bonus segment, that has a poignant housing story, and will be insightful for those who are thinking about the midterms.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Patagonia is taking a political stand
- Mining CEO threatens a Goldman analyst on a call and tells others to commit suicide
- Walmart is in the biggest fight of its 68-year history
- Google should buy Twitter and Square. But it won’t
- GE’s 119-year-old dividend is on life support
- PERSPECTIVES It’s a tough time for trade. But emerging economies are moving ahead
- Goldman Sachs and others line up for fresh tax breaks
- Tom Barrack, CEO and Trump friend, drops out of Saudi conference
- Twitter shuts down bots pushing pro-Saudi message
- Saudi crisis means Masa Son’s first mega tech fund could be his last
- Big tech’s budding relationship with Saudi Arabia in doubt after Khashoggi
- The Chinese app taking the social media world by storm
- E-Commerce Guide by CNN Underscored
- How to take stunning photographs on your smartphone
- A cheaper Tesla is on its way
- The company is now offering a $45,000 version of the Model 3
- Why Tesla skeptics are feeling so good
- Jim Chanos: Tesla falling behind GM, Audi in software
- Tesla was fined $20 million for Elon Musk’s tweets. Musk’s got it covered
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Amazon’s new headquarters will be in one of these cities
- Stocks mixed as traders digest earnings, economic data
- Recent stock market volatility could signal a bear market
- Apple CEO Tim Cook calls on Bloomberg to retract spy chip story
- Democrat pushes big payouts for working-class Americans
- These states spend the most money on welfare
- How Trump’s ‘nickel plan’ could boost the economy
- Pot legalization is hurting national beer sales
- Trump’s Harley-Davidson attacks may be driving riders to Indian: analyst
- Mega Millions jackpot is now a record $1B
- Mega Millions winner? Here’s what $1B can buy
- Common pitfalls that come with winning the lottery
- Tip #1: Avoid any impulses for the first couple of months.
- The US deficit has skyrocketed to $779B. Why?
- Trump administration names 6 prospective currency cheaters
- Looking to move? Rents are dropping the fastest in these cities
- Housing market continues to show weaknesses
- Why aren’t renters interested in homeownership?
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
“The markets would love this, my goodness,” Moody’s Managing Director John Lonski said Thursday during an interview with FOX Business’ Stuart Varney. He was speaking of the president’s plan to cut 5 percent from each major department, other than Defense. “Treasury bond yields would drop. Equity prices would soar if we had these type of spending cuts.”
Part of President Donald J. Trump’s solution – which he’s dubbed the “nickel plan” — requires each Cabinet department to slash the “fat and waste” in the government by cutting 5 percent from the budget by fiscal-year 2020. Congress already approved a defense spending bill in September, so the cuts won’t apply to the military.
Keep in mind that MHProNews has said for years that the CAGW has spotlighted tens of billions that could be cut from the federal budget, no problem.
It is unrelated to the nickel plan, but very related to the rapidly approaching midterms. It includes a powerful housing story too.
“The BEST thing to ever happen to me financially was when I was kicked off Food Stamps because I started making too much money. 26 years ago, I was homeless and sleeping on the streets of Atlanta. Through the Grace of God, hard work and the support from many fellow Americans (blacks, whites, Jews & Gentiles); I conquered my adversity and started living my American Dream independent from Government Assistance,” says YG Nyghtstorm’s YouTube page.
This spirit of American Exceptionalism is what MAGA is all about. The United States gives each person the BEST chance of success to work hard and become the greatest version of themselves while embracing patriotism, faith and a willingness to help others become free. Our country is not perfect and it’s going to take ALL of us to make America great for MORE of us. We don’t have to always agree, but we can work together through mutual respect to create a more perfect union.” YG Nyghtstorm.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.