With what the Media Research Center says has been some 90 percent negative mainstream broadcast news media coverage, President Donald J. Trump is holding or rising in many polls, to at or near the highest point since taking the White House.
While the media has said for months that a “blue wave” is coming in Congress for November – which historically would be common for a president – there are certainly signs in polling and yesterdays turnout that suggest that at this time, the momentum is still with the president and his party.
Manufactured housing professionals aren’t a monolithic group. There are Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, minor party and independents in the ranks of the industry, as in all other professions.
That noted, the industry has to consider questions like these:
- Has the regulatory environment improved in the last 16 months?
- Has job creation improved – which is an indicator of potential future housing demand?
- Has the investment environment improved in the last 16 months?
The evidence points to yes in each of the above, and most Americans also got a tax cut too.
Famous manufactured home community insulter, and President Bill Clinton adviser, James Carville, quipped one of the most powerful insights in American politics. “It’s the economy, stupid.”
Blue wave? With fund raising still favoring the GOP in most areas by healthy margins, and the economy improving, there is more than just yesterday’s turnout and voting to suggest that the November midterms are up for grabs. In fact, the momentum looks to be at this time in favor of the president and his party. “We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis, and commentary.)
(Third party images, content are provided under fair use guidelines.)
MIA from Fannie Mae’s Latest Housing Survey, MHI Producer Sounds Off
Style or Substance? Lesson from Most Hated in America – Monday Morning Manufactured Home Sales, Marketing Meeting
1) To sign up in seconds for our MH Industry leading emailed news updates, click here.
2) To provide a News Tips and/or Commentary, click the link to the left. Please note if comments are on-or-off the record, thank you.
3) Marketing, Web, Video, Consulting, Recruiting and Training Resources
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.
Soheyla is a managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com.