It only took Lou Barletta about 3 minutes to machine gun the bullets that sum up the 2018 midterm battle lines. Check out that new video, because the midterms are coming up fast. With markets closing mostly up, the Barletta related video will be our feature for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
21st Mortgage, affiliated managers group inc, amg, Berkshire Hathaway Inc., brka, Carlyle Group LP, Cavco Industries Inc, CG, Clayton Homes, CVCO, Deer Valley Homebuilders Corp, DVLY, ELS, Equity Lifestyle Properties, Killam Apartment Real Estate Investment Trust, KMMPF, LCI Industries, LCII, louisiana pacific corp, lpx, NOBH, Nobility Homes, northstar realty finance corp, NRF, PATK, patrick industries inc, SKY, Skyline Corp, SUI, Sun Communities Inc., tavfx, Third Avenue Value Fund, UFPI, UMH, UMH Properties Inc., Universal Forest Products Inc., Vanderbilt Mortgage, BX:US, Blackstone Group LP
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Trade war costs China its stock market ranking
- Monthly jobs growth disappoints, jobless rate meets expectations
- Stocks rise as traders digest trade developments, US economic health
- Larry Kudlow predicts 2.8M jobs to be created this year
- Maximize your retirement finances by avoiding these 10 mistakes
- How Narcan saved Demi’s life
- This industry offers 150K salaries without a college degree
- NASA names astronauts for Boeing, SpaceX flights
- Retail apocalypse impacts teens’ summer jobs
- White House banking on economic growth to pay for ballooning deficit
- Guinness opens first US brewery in 64 years
- Yacht owners go bold, here’s the new trend
- Popular almond milk recalled because it may contain real milk
- Pay hikes coming from majority of US employers: survey
- Kylie Jenner’s Calvin Klein social media post nabbed $1.8M
- How Michael Jackson helped this CEO build an energy empire
- Chase ATMs go cardless
- Between Trump-ism and socialism, I have to believe Trump wins: Varney
- New York state shuts down child’s lemonade stand
- Katz’s Deli, secrets behind keeping a 130-year-old business alive
- College students up to ears in debt: Here’s how to manage and understand loans
- Student loan debt has reached $1.5 trillion.
- World’s largest yard sale nearly 700 miles long
- Car shoppers finding fewer 0% finance deals
- Interest rates are rising, and automakers are turning to cash incentives.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Lou Barletta, “represents a blue collar district in the northeastern portion of the state, probably starts out as the favorite,” said Real Clear Politics, which said “Barletta poses an interesting matchup…” with incumbent Pennsylvania Democratic Sen. Bob Casey Jr. As millions recall, President Donald J. Trump carried the state in 2016, part of the crack of the once-vaunted ‘blue wall’ that Democrats have held for decades.
Incumbents overwhelmingly win in the Senate and House. So, the odds are typically in the favor of the person holding a seat in Washington.
Will this year be different? The video below may speak louder than many polls.
There are 35 U.S. Senate seats up for grabs, and the entire House of Represenatives is up for reelection every 2 years. So we’ll keep an eye on Barletta vs. Casey, as one of the 470 matchups that make politics this year a full contact blood-and-money sport.
MHProNews will reach out to several campaigns, to see where the candidates stand on key issues. Stay tuned.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.