While some market watchers say that there’s not much that could slow the markets down at this point, the fluctuation in stocks that occur when it looks like an unpleasant surprise may come from Congress on the issue of tax cuts sends a different message. Leaks out of Washington that there may be a tax hike on the richest caused pushback and some pullback.
That will be the focus of our video with a panel of experts, below.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Papa John’s says NFL protests are hurting sales
- The alt-right is building its own digital platforms
- Terror struck a transformed Lower Manhattan
- Millennials want to share and compare everything
- Why aren’t the tech CEOs testifying?
- First coal bankruptcy of Trump era
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Orbit debuts Vox Space
- Bitcoin boom! Price now above $6,500
- Cash-starved Sears puts everything on sale
- Zuckerberg: Facebook will cut into profits to stop abuse
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Facebook earnings beat the Street, shares rise
- Tesla reports biggest-ever quarterly loss, Model 3 delays
- Wall Street edges higher after Fed holds steady on rates
- Oil slips, erases gains as U.S. crude draw shy of API report
- Papa John’s blames NFL for sales decline, rips ‘poor leadership’
- Juiced balls in MLB? This company supplies the secret mud used to prep each ball
- Trump’s Fed chair nomination: A look back at the top central bankers
- Fed holds rates steady, ‘solid’ growth keeps December hike in view
- USPS steps up delivery offerings as holiday shipping wars escalate
- Fmr. McDonald’s CEO Rensi: Americans ‘fed up’ with ‘greedy’ politicians
- NYC attack: US needs to focus on ‘physical surveillance,’ says fmr. Secret Service agent article
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,579.36 +4.10(+0.16%)
Dow 30 23,435.01 +57.77(+0.25%)
Nasdaq 6,716.53 -11.14(-0.17%)
Crude Oil 54.27 -0.11(-0.20%)
Gold 1,276.90 +6.40(+0.50%)
Silver 17.17 +0.47(+2.83%)
EUR/USD 1.1616 -0.0031(-0.27%)
10-Yr Bond 2.38 0.00(0.00%)
Russell 2000 1,492.78 -9.99(-0.67%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Leaks. Rumors. Markets Recoiling. Experts Respond – What’s going on in D.C. with Tax Reform?
Larry Kudlow says that the Trump Administration wants to end the “War on Success” in America. But some in Congress, including among the GOP may have different ideas in mind. The panel discussion in the video below considers some of the leaks and rumors regarding tax reform.
By this time tomorrow, the world ought to know more about the actual details of the still semi-secret plan. While the drip, drip, drip of leaks out of D.C. seem to be more pronounced during the Trump Administration so far – and some of them have proven not to be true – it should be noted that the leaks may in some cases be ‘trial balloons,’ to see how certain groups react.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.