The evolving Daily Business News’ market report sets the industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall market stocks. By spotlighting the headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – this report also helps readers see what are the trends and topics that may be moving the investors that move the markets.
Readers say this is also a quick review tool that saves researchers time in getting a view of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly traded stocks. MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected bullets from CNN Money:
- There’s a new Wells Fargo scandal.
- Complaint: JPMorgan Chase discriminates against fathers.
- Big Oil needs to spend $350B…on wind and solar.
- Feds: ‘Dumb and Dumber To’ was made with stolen cash.
- What Trump doesn’t understand about the poor.
- Uber sued for mishandling rape victim’s records.
- The business of ‘The Bachelor’ franchise.
- Ethics chief: Steve Bannon Waiver is ‘problematic.’
- What to expect at the Paris Air Show.
- Migrant workers will send home $450 billion this year.
- CEOs to Trump: You’re failing.
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Congressman: I’ll carry a gun now after Scalise shooting.
- Congressional Baseball Game raising money for Capitol Police fund.
- Members of Congress should be armed: Former FBI Deputy Assistant Director.
- Tech stocks continue to let air out of recent rally.
- Oil slides, hits six-month low on rising global production.
- Snap shares tumble to IPO price of $17.
- Bye-bye, Butterfinger? Nestle explores sale of U.S. confectionary business.
- Trump promises high paying jobs with new apprenticeship order.
- White House split over debt ceiling as deadline looms.
- Boeing hits record highs after U.S., Qatar sign F-15 deal.
- Air bag maker Takata to file bankruptcy this month: Report.
- Uber sued after allegedly obtaining rape victim’s medical records.
- Trump apprenticeship plan will change attitudes about trade jobs, Andy Puzder says.
9 key market indicators, ‘at the closing bell…’
S&P 500 2,432.46 -5.46 (-0.22%)
Dow 30 21,359.90 -14.66 (-0.07%)
Nasdaq 6,165.50 -29.39 (-0.47%)
Crude Oil 44.40 -0.33 (-0.74%)
Gold 1,256.00 -19.90 (-1.56%)
Silver 16.75 -0.39 (-2.28%)
EUR/USD 1.1147 -0.0069 (-0.61%)
10-Yr Bond 2.162 +0.024 (+1.12%)
Russell 2000 1,410.19 -7.39 (-0.52%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value 6.15.2017
Manufactured Housing Connected Stocks
Today’s Big Movers
Cavco and Skyline lead the gainers. Berkshire Hathaway and Carlyle lead the decliners. See below for all the ‘scores and highlights.’
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report – LCI Industries (formerly, Drew)
Chaffey Breeze tells us that, “LCI Industries (NASDAQ:LCII) Director James Gero acquired 12,000 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Friday, May 12th. The stock was purchased at an average cost of $92.03 per share, with a total value of $1,104,360.00. Following the purchase, the director now directly owns 224,664 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $20,675,827.92. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the SEC…”
As Bloomberg’s 1 year snapshot reveals, the company has returned an impressive 25.23 percent in one year.
Data from Markets Daily and Alpha one will follow, below this chart.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII)
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers. LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing, while AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses. ##
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.