zJobs, justice, racism rhetoric, and reality. Manufactured housing feels the skilled worker pinch, and the second video posted below today – which is related to the first – are a focus of today’s spotlight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Mark Zuckerberg is fighting to save Facebook
- Chris Matthews apologizes for ‘Bill Cosby pill’ joke
- 20-year-old Florida man claims $450M lottery jackpot
- Viacom, CBS up amid merger discussions
- 800 Wells Fargo branches to close by 2020
- Oprah is following path of a ‘traditional candidate’
- Kentucky to require Medicaid recipients to work
- The new Facebook News Feed rattles Wall Street
- How newsrooms handled Trump’s ‘shithole’ remarks
- The latest buggy update to fix security chip flaw is…
- JPMorgan’s Jamie Dimon gushes about tax cuts
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Walmart plans to cut more than 1,000 corporate jobs, report says
- Laid-off Sam’s Club employees reach out to BJ’s for work
- Wall Street hits new highs on earnings optimism, data
- Dow within striking range of 26,000
- Oil adds to rally, heads for fourth week of gains
- Waste Management CEO reacts to Nancy Pelosi ‘crumbs’ comments on bonuses
- Viacom, CBS not in active discussions: report
- Looser mortgage lending requirements would boost US economy: JPMorgan
- Aflac shares sink as firm denies worker exploitation, faulty accounting
- Corey Lewandowski: Trump isn’t a racist, only wants to fix broken immigration system
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Reports, Reflections on Media Tilt, Bias, Ignorance, and Manufactured Housing
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,786.24 +18.68(+0.67%)
Dow 30 25,803.19 +228.46(+0.89%)
Nasdaq 7,261.06 +49.28(+0.68%)
Russell 2000 1,591.97 +5.18(+0.33%)
Crude Oil 64.40 +0.60(+0.94%)
Gold 1,338.30 +15.80(+1.19%)
Silver 17.25 +0.28(+1.64%)
EUR/USD 1.2199 +0.016(+1.33%)
10-Yr Bond 2.552 +0.021(+0.83%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The day after the latest (literal) “sh-tstorm” at the White House over an alleged choice of words by POTUS yesterday, the president in a previously scheduled event was flanked by smiling African American leaders. The smiling group at the end of the video below included the nephew of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and HUD Secretary, Ben Carson, M.D.
In a social media exchange with our publisher today with a clearly anti-Trump personality, L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach said, “Aren’t facts better than commentary and mere opinion?
Listen, you’re clearly a passionate person. But what part of less government in your life, more money in your pocket, and more opportunities for millions do you oppose?
As to racist, what nonsense. His black and Hispanic friends don’t see [it]. They may agree or disagree with the president, but none who knows him call him a racist.”
The need for prison reform is a bi-partisan issue. The discussion below is not only an important one, but as this vision is implemented, it’s aimed as part of a broader plan to provide more skilled workers while helping those who’ve served their time to re-enter society in a productive, lawful way.
That’s potentially good news for manufactured housing, which is reportedly using some from the penal system in various states, today.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
Profitable Insight$ – POTU$ Trump Effect on MH Stock$ at 1 Year, Part 4
Suppliers LPX, Patrick, Manufactured Home Builders Nobility, Skyline Homes – the Trump Effect on MH Stocks, Markets Part 3
Trump Effect – 1 Year Election Impact on Manufactured Housing Connected Stocks, Part 2
Just the Facts – Trump Effect on Manufactured Home Connected Stocks, Part 1
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.