From Oregon comes another story about a fire in a manufactured home. While stories about home fires are common, few specify the construction method for stick-built or modular homes, but make the exception for manufactured or mobile homes. From Ontario, Oregon, The Argus reports that a Friday evening fire in a manufactured home is being blamed on a space heater that was plugged into an extension cord. The article reads “Ontario Fire and Rescue responded to a manufactured home fire.” It later refers to a neighboring home which had burned some days previous as a “trailer.” For more information see Do Manufactured Homes Burn Faster? Experts Say No.
(Image Credit: I, MarcusObal Wikimedia Commons)