Google is catching heat from a variety of sources. Tech guru Peter Theil recently accused them of putting national defense at risk. This week, 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful, Representative Tulsi Gabbard (HI-D) is filed suit, saying that Google has too much control over elections. The DOJ is probing big tech, including Google. We’ll look at two of those topics tonight, on an evening when more stock records were surpassed.
· Go ahead, delete FaceApp
· Did you use the viral app? Here’s who owns your uploaded photos
· Chevron gets the green light to stay in Venezuela — for at least another three months
· Trump says he won’t exempt Apple’s Mac Pro parts from China tariffs
· Kids from around the world will compete to get rich in the Fortnite World Cup this weekend
· SpaceX’s massive Starship prototype lifts off
· CNN anchor flies with Breitling jet team. It didn’t go well …
· IRS is going after cryptocurrency users with warning letters about back taxes
· As the US economy slows, American consumers remain strong
· What happens if you don’t claim your $125 Equifax money? You lose it — and your chance to sue in the future
· OPINION The robot revolution is here. Prepare for workers to revolt
· NYT: Jeffrey Epstein’s business relationship with Victoria’s Secret owner was far deeper than CEO let on
· Shopping Content by CNN Underscored
· Bose is back on top when it comes to noise-canceling headphones
· T-Mobile’s mega-merger with Sprint can move forward, Justice Department says
· McDonald’s focus on cheap, classic food is paying off
· How to negotiate a counter job offer with your current employer
· Should you tell a job candidate what they did wrong?
· How to recover from a bad job interview
· Surviving the ultramarathon job interview
· Unconventional job interview questions that actually work
· This smartphone case is going old school with buttons and dials
· There’s a huge market for old technology like vinyl records
· Here’s why people love retro tech
· Pizza Hut brings back its original logo
· Iconic 80s computer to return with fully-functional keyboard
· S&P 500, NASDAQ HIT RECORD HIGHS AS GOOGLE, MCDONALD’S, 2Q GDP LIFT STOCKS
· Big tech has spent $582M lobbying Congress. Here’s where that money went
· Kudlow: Fed should cut 75 basis points
· JUSTICE DEPARTMENT OKS T-MOBILE-SPRINT MERGER, WITH CONDITIONS
· The merged company will become the fourth major wireless carrier and compete with AT&T, Verizon and the combined T-Mobile Sprint.
· Americans committing fraud to lower student loan payments? Taxpayers could bear cost
· IRS tells 10K taxpayers to pay up on virtual currency transactions
· How much is Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes worth?
· Here’s where rich Gen-Xers are moving, study finds
· States that collect the most income taxes
· US recession on the horizon? When experts think it could hit
· Trump enemies ‘dying’ for a recession, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross says
· Trump gives US farmers new round of funds as trade war cushion
· Kid Rock’s Detroit mansion hits the market
· Why American Airlines wasn’t going to fly from Heathrow Airport for a bit
· Beyond Meat targets flexitarians with fake bacon and steak
· ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ revives old school Hollywood
· Realogy CEO on Amazon partnership: Excited together to reinvent the move in experience
· Tim Hortons to sell plant-based eggs in Canadian stores
· More than 53K pounds of frozen meatballs recalled over undeclared allergens
· Wilbur Ross on Boeing’s big impact on GDP
· Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross on the budget deal, the U.S. economic outlook, the Trump administration’s trade talks with China and concerns of a potential U.S. recession in 2020.
· Google sued for $50M by Democratic candidate Tulsi Gabbard
· FBN’s Susan Li on 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard’s, D-Hi., lawsuit against Google alleging the tech giant infringed on her free speech.
· Plant-based meats are here to stay: Registered dietitian
Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Tonight’s Business/Market/Political Impact Spotlight –
Earlier today, KHON2 News published this report on Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard (HI-D) going after Google. Her presidential campaign has sued the tech giant for $50 million dollars.
Fox Business also filed a report today on that same lawsuit by Rep Gabbard. The next round of Democratic debates are just days away, which may explain part of the timing.
Peter Theil, a prominent Silicon Valley billionaire who promoted President Trump’s campaign in 2016 is taking aim at Google too, see that report linked below.
Several Democrats and the Trump Administration are taking aim at big tech in general, including Google.
Antitrust is heating up. When both the left and right begin to sound more and more alike on an issue, that’s a notable sign that may signal real action ahead. Stay tuned.
· NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
· NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI, and LP all supply manufactured housing.
- AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to an example of industry praise for our coverage, is found here and here. For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
- For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
- To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
- Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)