In this evening’s featured market report, the Federal Reserve released its minutes. The signals were mixed, and volatility returned shortly after those minutes hit the wires.
That and some new economic data, including housing data, will be our focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- All signs point to more Fed rate hikes in 2018
- NBC’s Winter Olympics ratings down but not exactly on thin ice
- Ford’s president of North America is out over ‘inappropriate behavior’
- GE no longer wants a hasty divorce from Baker Hughes
- Bill Gates fails at guessing prices of household products
- Judge says state can’t force IMDB to take down actors’ ages
- S. women’s hockey fought for better pay. Now they’re fighting for gold
- Should I follow Warren Buffett’s 90/10 strategy?
- Coal country shouldn’t count on a Trump-fueled comeback
- Many Volkswagen workers will get 45 vacation days
- UK unemployment rises for first time since Brexit vote
- The unpaid work that always falls to women
- These Dreamers are saving lives
- Yet another digital media company is making cuts
- The unwitting: The Trump supporters used by Russia
- Amazon/Whole Foods. CVS/Aetna. A scorecard of the biggest deals
- JPMorgan Chase plans new Manhattan headquarters
- Newsweek publishes critical piece on company after staffers threaten to resign
- Alibaba bets on Olympics to make it a household name
- Priceline’s parent company is changing its name
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Ford executive Raj Nair steps down after behavior allegations
- Stocks close lower as Fed minutes trigger volatility
- Fed minutes dampen expectations for faster rate hikes
- Trump’s pro-growth agenda to power US economy for a decade: White House
- Beer sales slump: Why Generation Z could make industry’s problem worse
- Applebee’s to close 80 more restaurants
- Mavericks owner Mark Cuban fined $600K for tanking comments
- Move over gas tax, here’s the new fee that could hit drivers
- Treasury suggests keeping controversial Dodd-Frank provision as last resort
- Richest US Winter Olympians: Lindsey Vonn, Shaun White top 2018 field
- The new blood pressure watch that could save your life
- Why Roku shares plunged despite earnings beat
- Billy Graham dies: What will happen to his charities?
- Gun control would create a ‘nation of sheep’: Judge Napolitano
- 5 ways Americans cheat on their taxes
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Reports, Reflections on Media Tilt, Bias, Ignorance, and Manufactured Housing
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,701.33 -14.93(-0.55%)
Dow 30 24,797.78 -166.97(-0.67%)
Nasdaq 7,218.23 -16.08(-0.22%)
Russell 2000 1,531.84 +1.84(+0.12%)
Crude Oil 61.27 -0.41(-0.66%)
Gold 1,327.20 -4.90(-0.37%)
Silver 16.48 -0.14(-0.82%)
EUR/USD 1.228 +0.0003(+0.03%)
10-Yr Bond 2.94 +0.05(+1.73%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
What the Fed’s minutes reveal is that there are a variety of camps among members of the Federal Reserve (Fed). Some see few signs of wage growth, but others believes wages will pick up with improved job growth, says FOX Business’ Adam Shapiro reports.
Wall Street suffered wild swings Wednesday, ending the day lower, even as the Federal Reserve dampened expectations of an accelerated timetable for interest rate hikes.
The drop in stocks late in Wednesday’s session coincided with a spike in the benchmark 10-year Treasury yield, which hit a new multi-year high of 2.956%. “Yields rise as bond prices fall,” said Fox Business.
In economic data, “U.S. home sales declined 3.2% in January, marking the largest annualized decline in three years. The flash U.S. manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index for February climbed to 55.9 from 55.5, hitting a 40-month high. A reading above 50 indicates economic expansion.”
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
Profitable Insight$ – POTU$ Trump Effect on MH Stock$ at 1 Year, Part 4
Suppliers LPX, Patrick, Manufactured Home Builders Nobility, Skyline Homes – the Trump Effect on MH Stocks, Markets Part 3
Trump Effect – 1 Year Election Impact on Manufactured Housing Connected Stocks, Part 2
Just the Facts – Trump Effect on Manufactured Home Connected Stocks, Part 1
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.