Bullet headlines from CNN Money:
· U.S. and Mexico dodge trade war over sugar.
· U.S. has record 6 million job openings.
· Betsy DeVos: Student loan debt is ‘of grave concern’.
· Oil lobby met with interior secretary at Trump hotel.
· Anthem pulls out of Obamacare in Ohio for 2018.
· Ivanka’s paid parental leave plan gets hotter.
Bullets from Fox Business:
· Senate Republicans meet to discuss alternatives to the American Health Care Act.
· Gold surges to seven-week high on weaker dollar, political risks.
· Wall Street slips ahead of UK vote, ECB, Comey testimony.
· Oil rebounds, finds support after sliding below $47/bbl.
· U.S., Mexico reach sugar deal, industry opposition mounts.
· Army offers up to $90K bonuses to lure troops back.
· Uber fires at least 20 over harassment claims (Editor’s note: Why didn’t MHI do this when they got complaints from women about the workplace environment there?).
9 major market indicators, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,429.33 -6.77 (-0.28%)
Dow JIA 21,136.23 -47.81 (-0.23%)
Nasdaq 6,275.06 -20.63 (-0.33%)
Crude Oil 47.95 +0.55 (+1.16%)
Gold 1,296.70 +14.00 (+1.09%)
Silver 17.70 +0.12 (+0.71%)
EUR/USD 1.1277 +0.0022 (+0.19%)
10-Yr Bond 2.147 -0.035 (-1.60%)
Russell 2000 1,394.90 -1.55 (-0.11%)
Today’s Big Movers
Patrick and LCI (previously, Drew) led gainers. Community stocks tumbled (see chart below).
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers. LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing, while AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Providing you only with the very best industry coverage, every business day.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ##
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.