If you’re hooked on our new spotlight market feature – or are ready to get the fever – our headline report is found further below.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall market stocks.
By spotlighting the headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – this report also helps readers see what are the trends and topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Wells Fargo is once again in hot water
- The female CEO club is about to get smaller
- Fired FBI director James Comey inks book deal
- Trump launches ‘real news’ Facebook series
- Seth Rich family wants murder conspiracy ‘to go away’
- What bubble? Trump cheers as Dow hits 22,000
- Stocks are too risky, bonds pay too little. How do I invest?
- Saudi Arabia wants to be top beach vacation destination
- Box office slump is hurting AMC theaters
- Qatar Airways nixes plan to buy stake in American Airlines
- Facebook’s minority workforce gains ‘still disappointing’
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow cracks 22,000, Apple hits record high
- Dollar falls against euro on ECB, Fed expectations
- Oil prices rise amid record U.S. gasoline demand
- Tennessee’s most expensive governor’s race in history welcomes Rep. Diane Black
- MLB’s Phillies cancel Pete Rose ceremony amid statutory rape allegations
- Chris Christie on heckler video: ‘I didn’t dump nachos on him or anything’
- Secret Service to test high-tech drone as new form of protection for Trump
- Trump could end China’s economy by sanctioning its banks: Gordon Chang
- Tab swells to $25 billion for nuclear-power plant in Georgia
- Delta Air Lines traffic, capacity grows in July
- Trump unveils bill to transform legal immigration system
- Older Americans are dying on the job, retirement age to blame
- This state has the most student loan debt
- Americans are more burdened by student loan debt than ever before.
- Oil rises on falling US inventoriesarticle Oil rises on falling US inventories
- Town evacuated after freight train derails, catches fire
- A look at the Dow’s 1,000-point milestones
- Markets Right Now: Dow has its first close above 22,000
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,477.57 +1.22 (+0.05%)
Dow 30 22,016.24 +52.32 (+0.24%)
Nasdaq 6,362.65 -0.29 (0.00%)
Crude Oil 49.51 +0.35 (+0.71%)
Gold 1,273.00 -6.40 (-0.50%)
Silver 16.57 -0.19 (-1.16%)
EUR/USD 1.1855 +0.005 (+0.42%)
10-Yr Bond 2.262 +0.011 (+0.49%)
Russell 2000 1,412.90 -15.43 (-1.08%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
Carlyle spiked today. Patrick, UFPI led those that gave back in a retreat registered at the close.
For all the scores and highlights on tracked stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
On the Day the Dow First Closed Above 22,000…
The White House promoted a new policy today that would limit legal immigration, as part of a broader policy to help boost the incomes of citizens in the United States. It is part of the Trump Administration’s pledge to put “American Businesses, and American Workers First.”
A spirited part of the press briefing on that topic today pitted CNN’s Jim Acosta vs. the Trump Administration’s Stephen Miller in a spirited exchange, captured in the video, shown below.
Jim Acosta vs Stephen Miller – Immigration – White House Press Briefing 8/2/17
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Markets Data
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers. LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing, while AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
No one else covering our industry even comes close. Which is why you and thousands of others join us here, daily.
Thank you for your vote of confidence.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ##
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.