A recent survey by Bankrate reveals the top pick for most investors. The report breaks that investment down by age group. It is a shift that ought to make manufactured housing professionals ask serious questions. That On a down day for the major markets and most tracked manufactured home stocks too, the Bankrate report will be our feature this evening.
· 5G will change your life …
· … If you can find it. When it works it really works. The trouble is the rest of the time.
· Court deals blow to FCC’s bid to speed 5G rollout
· ‘Fragile’ oil demand is the weakest since 2008, energy watchdog says
· Dow logs second week of losses after volatile trading
· CEO of Goldman Sachs International is among 17 charged over 1MDB scandal
· Huawei unveils its rival to Android. It’s called Harmony
· China could use this to strike back at US tariffs
· Activision Blizzard offers a grim warning for the future
· Walmart pulls violent video game displays from stores, but will still sell guns
· Democratic Party deepfaked its own chairman to highlight 2020 concerns
· OPINION Thank Trump for America’s new oil markets
· Amazon is investigating alleged child labor law violations at a Foxconn facility that makes Echoes and Kindles
· Fox board members stay silent amid Tucker Carlson controversy
· Mortgages are cheap, so why aren’t Americans buying more homes?
· Mattel shares plunge after disclosing anonymous whistleblower letter
· Facebook offers media outlets millions to license content, WSJ reports
· FBI wants to monitor Facebook and Instagram for domestic threats in real time
· 8chan struggling to stay online after its alleged use by El Paso shooting suspect
· Apple stops letting contractors listen to Siri
· Facebook announces first takedown of influence campaign with ties to Saudi government
· CBS, VIACOM DEAL MAY COME MONDAY AS MOGUL SCORES MEDIA VICTORY
· Stocks cut losses to end volatile week
· Trump talks China: Not ready to make a deal
· Trump: Won’t devalue ‘strong’ US dollar
· A recent document dump from a previously sealed case show the now-jailed money manager wouldn’t answer questions about accusations he sexually abused underage girls.
· Postal Service losing billions and delivering fewer packages as it burns cash
· Peter Thiel: Silicon Valley clueless about patriotism
· Greenspan: Economy is definitely sogging around the world
· Walmart to pull violent video game signs, still sell guns
· Florida raking in billions as Americans abandon high-tax states
· Tiger Woods withdraws from Northern Trust Open
· Voters think health care is most important 2020 issue – but don’t know whom to support
· Impossible Burger coming to schools, hospitals
· Equinox, SoulCycle face boycott calls over Stephen Ross’ Trump fundraiser
· Trump on Kaepernick NFL comeback: ‘Only if he’s good enough’
· Joe Biden has a gaffe problem and it’s going to hurt him: Varney
· FBI wants Facebook user data to head off shootings
· Barbie doll-maker Mattel has a whistle blower
· In Denmark, 20-year mortgage rates just fell to zero for the first time ever
· Private charter company Wheels Up now worth $1.1 billion
· New York Yankees to play Chicago White Sox in first-ever MLB game at ‘Field of Dreams’
· Amazon delivery robot Scout hits the streets in California
· Tiger Woods’ caddie Joe LaCava reveals the strangest items in his golf bag
Bankrate’s new survey should be one of several head scratchers for the curious truth-seekers already invested, interested, or involved in manufactured housing. Because it both signals opportunity, while suggesting the ways that how the industry’s ‘leadership’ is missing it.
According to Bankrate, “In 2018, stocks were the most popular investment. But this year they ran a distant second, with 20 percent of respondents naming stocks their top pick for holding periods of more than a decade.”
Taking over at number 1? “Years after a housing crash that left the economy hurting, many Americans still see real estate as their top pick. Some 31 percent of survey respondents named real estate as their favored investment for money that they wouldn’t need for 10 years or more. It’s the best showing for real estate in the seven years that Bankrate has conducted the survey.”
Given the personal desire for most Americans to own instead of rent, that shouldn’t be a surprise. Also, given the need for 7 million affordable housing units, per the National Low Income Housing Coalition’s 2019 “Gap Report,” that ought to be music to the manufactured home industry’s ears.
“Cash investments, such as savings accounts and CDs, finished third at 19 percent, while gold and other precious metals earned 11 percent. Americans picked bonds as their top long-term investment 7 percent of the time, while bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies were favored by 4 percent. Meanwhile, 5 percent of respondents said that none of these options were the best way to invest,” said Bankrate.
By Generational Groups, Per Bankrate
- Millennials in total scored the highest (36 percent) among all age groups in their preference for real estate as a long-term investment.
- “Millennials are higher on real estate than any other age group, have cooled a bit on cash, and still aren’t keen on the stock market when investing for more than ten years,” says Greg McBride, CFA, Bankrate chief financial analyst.
- Strikingly, the preference for real estate is virtually identical in all four income categories surveyed by Bankrate. Between 32 and 34 percent of the time it was the top investment choice for those who reported earning more than $75,000 per year; between $50,000 and $75,000; between $30,000 and $50,000; as well as less than $30,000.
- Home – or least, real estate – is where the heart is for Americans.
The total sample size was 1,015 respondents. Fieldwork was performed on June 25-30, 2019. The survey was conducted by telephone. Data was weighted to represent the target population, and margin for error for total respondents is 3.35 percent at a 95 percent confidence level.
To learn more about the opportunities and obstacles facing manufactured housing, check out the executive summary below. It is laced with cross links and references to support the findings.
Your link to an example of industry praise for our coverage, is found here and here. For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for Your Vote of Confidence.”
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
· Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)