Just as the Daily Business News has noted for some time the rising calls for socialism – often among millennials, but not limited to them – so too has Home Depot co-founder Ken Lagone. His heartfelt video on that topic which is the title of his new book is our focus report this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- India is freaking out about rising oil prices
- The first holographic smartphone will be released later this year
- What is the perfect price for oil?
- These are the only two owners of color in the NFL
- Carolina Panthers sold to hedge fund founder
- Campbell Soup CEO abruptly steps down
- Why some retailers are winning and some are losing
- JCPenney is running out of time
- There’s still one department store where people are going to shop
- The boss of Bratz tried to merge with Mattel. Mattel said no thanks
- ‘Deadpool’ franchise is a box office rarity: An R-rated hit
- To stay competitive, US call centers are training workers to be super agents
- PayPal just clinched its biggest-ever takeover
- Wells Fargo shares dip after another worrying discovery
- Former Obama adviser: Everyone deserves a chance at a first-rate education
- Fox News says top executive is on leave, but she has quietly kept working
- Once a teenage runaway, he now owns a $300 million restaurant empire
- Almost half of US families can’t afford basics like rent and food
- How to build your own pension
- Elon Musk promises $1 rides in Boring Company tunnels
- Pacific: Elon Musk vs. the world
- The full backstory of the crisis at CBS
- Suzanne Scott makes history as Fox News’ first female CEO
- Why Millennials aren’t feeling the boom in household wealth
- Are electric cars more likely to catch fire?
- China approves $18 billion Toshiba chip deal
- Gunmaker Remington exits Chapter 11 bankruptcy in less than 2 months
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Retail apocalypse? Walmart, Macy’s embracing ‘Amazon effect’
- Mattel rejects merger bid from Bratz maker Isaac Larian
- Jack Welch is America’s best businessman: Ken Langone
- Texas shooting: Training is key, ex-FBI investigator says
- Stocks slip for week as benchmark Treasury yields climb
- Pope slams credit default swaps, calls derivatives a ‘ticking time bomb’
- He says the instruments encourage unethical behavior.
- Campbell Soup stock hit by CEO departure, strategic review
- As 401 (k) millionaires rise to record, investors warned to keep saving
- Elon Musk’s Boring Company will personally deliver flamethrowers in two weeks
- Diaper makers feeling the squeeze as birth rate shrinks
- Walmart’s Lord & Taylor deal step towards brand domination
- Royal wedding: Harry, British royal family no match for world’s richest royals
- Fox News, FOX Business name Suzanne Scott as CEO
- Trump’s Iran deal withdrawal sparks corporate exodus
- Texas high school shooting parallels Parkland shooting: AG Ken Paxton
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Home Depot Co-Founder Ken Langone is promoting his new book, “I Love Capitalism!” as a way of educating and inspiring those Americans who have been seduced by the false promises of socialism.
In a video with Fox Business, Lagone speaks candidly about his faith, family and fortune. He does so with the aim of encouraging others to believe that they too can succeed in America.
It is no secret to long-time readers that MHProNews is likewise for faith, family, flag and fortune. That means editorially we are:
- pro-free enterprise,
- for protecting our God-given, constitutionally protected rights,
- for limited government that taxes the least, and protects the rights of all,
- believes in common-sense steps that lawfully protects consumers,
- believe in protections for small businesses and workers in ways that avoid crony capitalism and monopolistic power.
Lagone’s new book title topic was a good bookend to recent reports on this issue. With a growing number of millennials and others who haven’t been properly informed on the benefits of free enterprise vs. the tragic outcomes of socialism, the video above and the links below will prove useful.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.