If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Mexico and Canada slam U.S NAFTA proposals
- NFL owners gather to discuss protests
- Trump’s ethics critics get their day in court
- Amazon Studios head resigns amid harassment report
- Weinstein departs company’s board of directors
- Doctors in Puerto Rico: ‘Reality here is post-apocalyptic’
- Capital One’s new cash-back credit card for foodies
- NFL announces support for criminal justice reform
- Dow cruises past 23,000 for the first time
- Delta ends 747 era with rise of new Airbus
- How the next financial crisis could happen
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow 23K: 5 biggest contributors to record run
- Trump cheers Dow hitting record-high 23K
- Dow will hit 30K by end of Trump’s first term: Fmr. ITC chief Peter Morici
- Dow zooms to 23,000 for first time
- Oil steady as U.S. output gains offset Middle East tensions
- Here’s how to maximize your retirement savings, whether or not you have a 401(k)
- EPA Chief Pruitt: Obama ‘increased burden’ on coal mining industry
- Marc ‘Dr. Doom’ Faber: ‘Thank God white people populated America’
- Trump narrows Fed chairmanship list, decision may come by November
- Fmr. Detroit Lions LB: I would give anything to shake Colin Kaepernick’s hand
- Rand Paul threatens to vote down GOP budget, potentially jeopardizing tax cuts
- NFL, players hold ‘productive’ meeting, no anthem policy discussions
- Goldman clients see tax reform as ‘good thing’
- The cost of being president: Forbes 400 shows Donald Trump’s wealth drops
- J&J wins reversal of $72 million verdict over talc cancer risks
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,559.36 +1.72(+0.07%)
Dow 30 22,997.44 +40.48(+0.18%)
Nasdaq 6,623.66 -0.35(-0.01%)
Crude Oil 52.02 +0.15(+0.29%)
Gold 1,288.10 -14.90(-1.14%)
Silver 17.07 -0.30(-1.75%)
EUR/USD 1.1768 -0.003(-0.25%)
10-Yr Bond 2.30 -0.01(-0.39%)
Russell 2000 1,497.50 -5.18(-0.34%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manu
factured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
5 Biggest Contributors to Market Rise, See #3
“As the Dow Jones Industrial Average passed 23,000 for the first time ever on Tuesday,” says Fox Business, “just 53 days after the blue-chip index exceeded the 22,000 milestone, the index received a big boost from a few prominent stocks.”
“In the Dow’s push from 22,000 to 23,000, these are the five stocks that have comprised more than half of the rally, according to data compiled by FOX Business senior editor Charles Brady.”
The following, per Fox Business, are the 5 biggest contributors to the Dow’s recent, rapid, record rise.
#3 Clearly is building connected. The balance of this segment, including the video, per Fox Business.
U.S. Aerospace and defense company Boeing (BA) added more than 142 points to the Dow since Aug. 2. Over the same time period, the company’s stock is up more than 8.7%.
U.S. manufacturer Caterpillar (CAT) has contributed more than 121 points to the Dow in its push past 23,000. Since Aug. 2, shares of Caterpillar have risen more than 15% and closed at more than $130 a share on Monday afternoon.
Home improvement retailer Home Depot (HD), which is up more than 9% since the beginning of August, has added nearly 98 points to the Dow’s record run from 22K to 23K.
Goldman Sachs (GS) has added more than 88.5 points to the Dow since August, up more than 5% over the same time period.
The Dow can thank 3M (MMM) for contributing more than 77 points to its run to 23K. The mining and manufacturing company is up more than 21% so far this year and more than 27% over the past year.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.