From the Manufactured Housing Communities of AZ (MHCA) this ‘urgent’ notice.
Urgent! Apache Junction City Council Meeting Tomorrow Evening, December 17th at 7:00 p.m.
300 E Superstition Blvd.
Apache Junction, AZ 85119
As MHCA previously reported, the Apache Junction City Council passed an ordinance limiting the age of manufactured homes that could be brought into the City to 11 years old in June. They are now considering a change, scheduled to be heard tomorrow (Tuesday) evening at the City Council at 7:00 p.m. which would instead limit this age to FIVE YEARS! WE NEED YOU AT THIS MEETING!
MHCA Attorney Melissa Parham has contacted the Apache Junction City Attorney and hopefully we can get the City to hold off on any decision until they can meet with industry officials, but no promises have been made. This is why it is imperative we have as many community representatives there as possible to support MHCA’s position that both their ordinance adopted in June and the proposed one violate state and federal laws, including:
- Arizona’s Private Property Rights Protection Act by reducing the fair market value of landowners’ property without just compensation;
- It may run many communities out of business entirely;
- Many provisions are arbitrary and unreasonable and the age limits on homes have no substantial relation to public health, safety, morals or general welfare.
- It ignores the federal HUD Code to which our homes are built.
- It violates state and federal Fair Housing Acts, as it has a disparate impact on low-income members of protected classes. The ordinance severely impacts – and perhaps even targets – Apache Junction’s poorest and most vulnerable residents.
- Here’s the link for the proposed ordinance: https://apachejunction.legistar.com/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=4272551&GUID=67977FB2-42CF-44C5-8A8E-3DED68EEE986Click on the “redline ordinance” to see the proposed changes.For more information, contact the MHCA Office at 480-345-4202.
Thank you for your support!
See the related report linked below.
That’s a wrap on your Tuesday installment of the manufactured housing trade media’s #1 source for “Industry News, Tips, and Views Pros Can Use,” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (News, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach for MHProNews.com.Soheyla is a co-founder and managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. Connect with us on LinkedIn here and here.
Click the image/text box below to access relevant, related information.