“For years, Mission Trailer Park provided an affordable place to live in a city with high housing costs, but it deteriorated over time and residents faced problems such as occasional sewage backups and an old, shoddy laundry room,” said the Tribune News.
John Belsher with The Obispo Company helped former residents relocate to other housing. A longtime resident, in the community, Craig Steffens, told The Tribune in 2015, how pleased he was with how the situation was handled.
“I’ll give Belsher this — he did a pretty good job of relocating everyone,” Steffens said about the process at the time. “He managed to get the homeowners of the park relocated to units that were two to three times bigger than they had before.”
“And (with) the renters he went way above and beyond because you only have to give them a 30-day notice, but he gave them all kinds of assistance with moving and security deposits.”
The old units were replaced with modern, prefabricated housing like the ones shown in the featured image at the top.
“We’ve had to store the manufactured units off site and then we install them using a crane,” Belsher said. “We can install four of them in about two days.”
Instead of the black eye to the industry that often results from redevelopment, the reports in the Tribune suggests that Belsher’s approach made for a relatively smooth transition for those involved.
The redeveloped property is called Downtown Terrace, and touts the following bulleted features:
· With a walking score of 97, Downtown Terrace is a walker’s paradise!
· All units are equipped with their own combination washer/dryer unit.
· Close proximity to public transportation.
· Brand new prefab construction.
· All units are outfitted with heat and AC – a rarity in San Luis Obispo.
· Steps away from Thursday night Farmers Market.
· Close to local hiking trails and parks.
· The homes embrace a modern aesthetic with designer selected finishes.
· Walk to work or a night out on the town!
· Enjoy a community living atmosphere.
· 15 minutes from local beaches.
The building code isn’t notably stated. “We Provide, You Decide” © ## (News, analysis, and commentary.)
(Third party images provided under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.
Soheyla is a managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com.