MHI is pleased to announce that William Matchneer, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Regulatory Affairs and Manufactured Housing will attend MHI’s Winter Meeting in Savannah, Georgia and will address the membership during its opening general session and breakfast on Tuesday, February 2. Mr. Matchneer oversees the Office of Manufactured Housing Programs at HUD and is also responsible for the federal regulatory implementation of the SAFE Act which is having a significant impact on the manufactured housing industry. Mr. Matchneer’s participation at the Winter Meeting will give MHI members an opportunity to learn first hand about the priorities and goals of the Office of Manufactured Housing Programs for 2010 and implementation of the MHIA of 2000 and the SAFE Act. It will also provide Matchneer with an opportunity to hear directly from MHI members about current challenges the industry faces in the areas of regulation and finance.
We hope that all MHI members will plan to participate at MHI’s Winter Meeting will be held on February 1-2, 2010 at the Hilton DeSoto, Savannah, Georgia. Register today at www.manufacturedhousing.org/event/2010_winter_meeting.asp.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of recent and pending regulatory and legislative initiatives
- Learn about new initiatives related to the implementation of the SAFE Act
- Understand the potential effects of the proposed Consumer Finance Protection Agency
- Gain knowledge about energy proposals that will affect our industry
- Obtain up to date information about the ever-changing world of finance
- Build your relationships and partnerships with other industry leaders and network about business strategies to address current economic challenges
For sponsorship opportunities click here.
Eagle River Homes
Source: MHI Week in Review